Israel-Lets meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2014 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

GustavMahler

Flipping items bought from members on Audiogon.
Aka: GradoLove, Kamilion, opencan, TheBigMuse
Hi everyone!
Ofer from maestro audio is happy to host a meet again in his place (As headphones1999 just said:  "i talked with maestro audio and he will be happy to do a meet again in his place"
As you may know Ofer himself has a few headphones and great amps. If you will bring your equimpment too it could be an amazing experience and chance to listen to certain cans with a certain gear-An audiophile's dream.
Please pm me or post a comment-You have to join us!
See you soon :)

Dec 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 61
He just needs to make some space, last time we were around 5 people and it was so crowded, because of all these tube amps and speakers. Need place to put equipment

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 61
Ya know I'm still alive :p

Sadly haven't got any new equipment yet and my tubes on the Lyr are faulty so I'd need replacing them, still the default ones are working  though without too much juice left I feel... some distortion and sometimes buggy electricity in them.

I might get the Ragnarok soon, I've got just about the right amount of money if I were to just buy it from the USA without any additional fees.

I don't mind coming to the party if you don't mind, my DAC will still own any of your others DACs XD and I've got the Audeze LCD-3c (Classic non-fazor) though honestly my laptop is not with me anymore (Not that it worked so awesome last time  :p)

So yeah, good and bad, whatever, want me to come? :p

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 61
Everyone is welcome of course!
I have only got now the DX90 and the beyerdynamic dt660..
I still need to contact Ofer to see if he can host for sure and when.
It's great if you can come! We're three so far.. If you know some other guys from Israel please ask them, I want to know how many can come so Ofer can know if it's worth hosting..

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #6 of 61
  ...my DAC will still own any of your others DACs .....

....So yeah, good and bad, whatever, want me to come? :p

Hey Bro,

Meets are no competition about who has the best headphone or DAC, it's a place to taste different flavors and to try what you don't own (yet) :)
I for example prefer my Shure SE846 much more to all Senns I have heard to date (hd600, hd700, hd800). Others will say the opposite. I love my HE400 with FocusPads and would like to try them on your DAC and Chokolads Amp, for some reason I didn't listen to my headphones and music with others gear, missed the whole point of the last meet lol
So, Of course, come! Maybe we can do the meet around march, and my Geek Pulse S/f/i will arrive till then, so we can compare lenghts, eh.. , dacs :wink:

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #8 of 61
If we do it April I'll most likely have Ragnarok or a similar amp if I find anything better for my purpose, still sort of not happy about how the moderators/admins acted up on banning me from that Ragnarok thread.... so we'll see...

I'm hoping to see some of them people with the Stax that wanted to come last time, if it really is better, then maybe I should get it.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 61
  ^ It'd be very nice to hear your Auralic Vega with my my KGSS>Stax Omega2, hopefully i can get the amp to 100% working condition by then.

Honestly right now I'm shifting my priorities for saving for the HE-1000 headphone and second priority will be the amp, that way I know if a Hifiman set would be cheaper or there are changes and someone comes up with a Ragnarok killer, who knows...

So I figure atm we don't have a date yet but would so totally be cool if we do it sometime April, I'll be ready with a whole lot more gear to show I'm hoping by then... April is about Q2 so there's a good chance for HE-1000 release.

And I'm looking forward to hearing some Stax action (especially SR-009) and of course if I have the HE-1000 by then, we can do the battle of the flagships :wink:

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #12 of 61
Id be happy to hear the he1000 also. I heard the se009 in germany in some high end shop, only for 5min and a song I dont know, so I need a second try :)

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #15 of 61
^Tithadesh! Did you get to try them before buying? They seem to me to be signifantly ergonomically compromised, at least as far as I can tell from the pics.

I've heard the gs1000 and ps1000 at a store avi yaffe in jerusalem through the bryston bha-1 amp, it was the SE termination and it sounded fairly good but for the same price almost I would never change the lcd-3's because they are just better. Also comfort in terms of cups/pads they are inferior and the ps1000 are about as heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back