Isis
Sep 10, 2008 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
B0002Z83KC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've had the CD for a long time, but it's been far along in the chain of 'albums to digest later'.

So I've been listening to it daily for about a week now and think it's pretty dang solid. Enough melody and structure to carry itself through the album leaving with a pretty solid feeling. Yet not tiring or difficult to listen to whatsoever like some 'technical' metal/music is. If my attention lapses, it doesn't become annoying like some music does when it gets backgrounded. Rather soothing actually.

That's usually the feeling I get with metal nowadays, or heck just music sometimes. Like some CDs I just can't bring myself to pony up the attention span for, even though I know they are good...like Riverside: Second life Syndrome...after a few minutes I know I'm just not paying enough attention to do the album justice, so I can't listen to it right now at this point in my life. But this just hits the spot.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 8
A pretty excellent album, though not their best. You should check out the post-metal thread that sprung up a little while ago.

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 8
I think the album has an awesome sound production, the guitars have a real edge to them.
I think this is one of the better produced post-metal albums out there.

Sep 11, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 8
Yeah it's an awesome album - great music and well produced too. Like festivus I personally prefer it to Oceanic, tho I haven't got around to getting a copy of ITAOT.

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Its kinda weird, but the guitars on ITAOT seem to lack the edge or shizzle that Panopticon possesses. ITAOT seems to sound much darker. So even though the production seems to be much more clear with ITAOT, I prefer the sound of Panopticon.
ITOAT has some really awesome tracks, but also some not too good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back