ISIS Appreciaton Thread
Feb 9, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #61 of 65
I've now listened through my third album from Isis, Panopticon. I must say that I really like this one. It's my favorite one from them at the moment. Awesome melodies and tracks and almost no growling at all. Very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Souvenirs and the EP Black Light District (my fav)

I like Souvenirs the most myself too. It's totally different than the other albums I've heard from them. It's not so special to me but it's definitely good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you like Jesu, I recommend checking out their self titled album as well.

Jesu wasn't that special after all. I listened through all of their albums and the only one which I really liked was Silver. The other ones were not so special.

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #62 of 65
This thread has caused me to buy more Neurosis Cds, I have:
-Sun Never Sets
-Through Silver In Blood

And have added these two:
-Enemy of the Sun
-Times of Grace

Also has me pulling out and listening to:
-Kyuss
-QotSA
-Tool

I am sure that all Isis and Neurosis fans have all the Kyuss albums right? Even the early work like Wretch is worthwhile

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #64 of 65
I love Isis... I love Neurosis... I love Cult of Luna... I love Red Sparowes... I love Callisto... but I really, really, really don't like Jesu.

Maybe it's just me, but every single one of their albums just sounds like underproduced monotonous noise. Personally, I would hesitate to even think about lumping them into the post-metal side of things... I'd much sooner throw them into post-industrial or something.

That being said, I know Isis fans who worship Jesu... so I guess it wouldn't hurt for you to check them out.

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #65 of 65
i wouldn't bunch Jesu in with the likes of Isis or Cult of Luna musically, but as far as it being another concept on the idea of post-metal, the discription fits. while its not for some, i reccommend checking out. For me, Jesu is awesome, and perfect for those times you find yourself walking home at 6am...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back