ISINE LX
Jun 1, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #137 of 153
Anyone else using these as daily drivers in place of full size headphones? My current daily is DT1990, but these seem like they are getting more use atm.

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #138 of 153
I just got these last week with the Cipher cable to use with my new iPad while I read comics. (Off topic--at $70/year Marvel Unlimited is a terrific deal.) It may seem silly since I live in a studio apartment and already have two sets of gear (upgraded gear connected to PC for Tidal HiFi, older gear connected to TV), but I cannot listen to Tidal in my recliner or in bed without major physical reshuffling which is more trouble than it's worth (especially since Tidal does not permit synching its apps and I can't control the PC app from my phone app). So far I like the LXs for casual listening, and they certainly do sound more like full size phones than IEMs, though not as good as my actual full size phones.

I have one major question. My understanding (from Audeze website and forums) is that the Cipher cable has built in DSP, which I assume is always active (since there is no way to defeat it on the remote). I did download the Audeze HQ app which allows quick EQing. If I leave the app at its default flat settings (which is how I've been listening), does that mean that I'm hearing the LXs with the DSP revisions as envisioned by Audeze?

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #139 of 153
I just got these last week with the Cipher cable to use with my new iPad while I read comics. (Off topic--at $70/year Marvel Unlimited is a terrific deal.) It may seem silly since I live in a studio apartment and already have two sets of gear (upgraded gear connected to PC for Tidal HiFi, older gear connected to TV), but I cannot listen to Tidal in my recliner or in bed without major physical reshuffling which is more trouble than it's worth (especially since Tidal does not permit synching its apps and I can't control the PC app from my phone app). So far I like the LXs for casual listening, and they certainly do sound more like full size phones than IEMs, though not as good as my actual full size phones.

I have one major question. My understanding (from Audeze website and forums) is that the Cipher cable has built in DSP, which I assume is always active (since there is no way to defeat it on the remote). I did download the Audeze HQ app which allows quick EQing. If I leave the app at its default flat settings (which is how I've been listening), does that mean that I'm hearing the LXs with the DSP revisions as envisioned by Audeze?

Yes, the DSP is always active with the Cipher cable.

Jun 3, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #140 of 153
Broke down and ordered the cipher cable after reading all the posts about it being the best way to listen to isines. Uploading all my flac file to one drive to listen on my ipad with flacbox.

Jul 7, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #141 of 153
Got mine (3.5mm) a month ago. Been using with xDuoo XD-05 dac-amp
tXcuQzR.jpg

Everything is tight and crispy clear. Goes to deepest lows and highest highs, a bit too sharp to my ears.

Managed to break one ear hook with in a week. Felt like the hooks supplied are flat and not so compatible with human ears, made my own '"hooks" with some non-magnetic springy metal wire.
DmZUmHz.jpg

0JRoT1c.jpg

Though the depth and soundstage are good, the sound is 'not' relaxed or laid back. Its like 'TAKE THIS' in your face. One thing I'm sure about it is you are going to hate all your other head/earphones. Strangely you are not going to like it either. Just like 'marriage'

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #142 of 153
Got mine (3.5mm) a month ago. Been using with xDuoo XD-05 dac-amp
tXcuQzR.jpg

Everything is tight and crispy clear. Goes to deepest lows and highest highs, a bit too sharp to my ears.

Managed to break one ear hook with in a week. Felt like the hooks supplied are flat and not so compatible with human ears, made my own '"hooks" with some non-magnetic springy metal wire.
DmZUmHz.jpg

0JRoT1c.jpg

Though the depth and soundstage are good, the sound is 'not' relaxed or laid back. Its like 'TAKE THIS' in your face. One thing I'm sure about it is you are going to hate all your other head/earphones. Strangely you are not going to like it either. Just like 'marriage'

the wire ear hook is neat! do you know the diameter of your wire? thinking of getting titanium wire to do ear hook. but not sure if 1 or 1.3 mm is better. the original audeze is like 1.3mm.

Jul 8, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #143 of 153
the wire ear hook is neat! do you know the diameter of your wire? thinking of getting titanium wire to do ear hook. but not sure if 1 or 1.3 mm is better. the original audeze is like 1.3mm.
its about 0.5mm. 'Antenna' from old cheap RC car remote. i didn't wanted any metal to touch and scratch the body, so used the sheath of thin electrical cable for 'ring' part, used a piece of soft, thick sheath from probes of a digital multimeter to cover the wire touching my ears

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #144 of 153
Just was browsing Audeze's site, looks like they changed the iSINE LX center color from blue to black. I always thought the blue was kind of an odd choice, I like the look a lot more now.

upload_2018-8-2_22-36-23.png

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #145 of 153
I am using a Sine for casual listening while working at the office but they hurt my neck as I am not used to have 300 grams on my head. I was thinking about selling the Sines and buy the Sine LX, but I am concerned about the sound leakage as they are semi-open. I work in a crowded office, not the quietest one, but I wouldn't like to disturb my colleagues. How do yo see these earphones for office use? Thank you in advance.

Aug 17, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #146 of 153
I have the isine LX and isine 20, they do not leak that much sound. My wife can't hear them when she is sitting next to me on the couch.

Aug 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #148 of 153
The only thing with these is they let in a lot of sound, so may not be the best for a noisy work environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back