ISINE LX
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #16 of 153
Yeah, based on what little info is on Audeze's site, all I can see is a possibly 2-gram weight difference.

If it's just an iSine 10 with a cheaper housing, then that's probably great? Although even if the only difference is the housing, the design of the grill may still change the sound? Who knows.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #17 of 153
They're terribly tacky looking, but I'm interested anyway because I've never owned any Audeze product and that price is so appealing....

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 153
By the way, heads-up to folks who are interested in these based on the price point but have not tried or read up on the iSine series previously:

* Depending on your ears, it can be difficult/time-consuming to get them to fit comfortably and securely and in a way that sounds good.
* The bores are huge, so eartip selection can also be a bit tricky (Spinfit CP-230, Spiral Dots w/some stretching, Comply 600, and Audeze's groovy tips are the ones that have worked best for me)
* Many people believe they absolutely require EQ to sound good unless you use them with the cipher cable (which has some EQ built in). There's a bunch of discussion on eq in the iSine 10/20 thread and Audeze have also helpfully provided an EQ plugin.

Of course, I'm only guessing that these things will also apply to the LX.

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #19 of 153
It’s great to see Audeze further lower their cost of entry, but the design devalues the brand and the product. iSine LX looks like a budget children’s IEM. They should have kept it clean and sleek.

My first thought when seeing these was that it looks like an April Fool’s product.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 153
Yeah, based on what little info is on Audeze's site, all I can see is a possibly 2-gram weight difference.

If it's just an iSine 10 with a cheaper housing, then that's probably great? Although even if the only difference is the housing, the design of the grill may still change the sound? Who knows.

It says it includes all the iSine technologies, so I’d assume the difference is:

Cheaper plastic housing.

No leather case.

$59.99 extra for Cipher.

Other than that it’s probably the same drivers as the iSine10.

Edit: The specs are different so the drivers are indeed different.

Still, the design and marketing looks more like a Wal-Mart product than I’m used to seeing from Audeze. That’s fine though, it’s aimed at a new market. I’m all for a reduction in price especially since the competition has significantly cheaper planar headphones, but I’d hope not to lose the sleekness and luxury feel of the Audeze brand even if the price is reduced.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #22 of 153
Mm...ugly. Ugh! Looks like a toy. Cheap looking. Cheap price. Cheap sound? Hope not. Otherwise, it will tarnish Audeze’s reputation.

Agree, it looks almost purposefully toyish. On the bright side of that, though, it’s unlikely to be a target for theft... it really does like like a child’s IEM from Walmart as @MICHAELSD noted. No Beats vibe here! :p

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #23 of 153
Agree, it looks almost purposefully toyish. On the bright side of that, though, it’s unlikely to be a target for theft... it really does like like a child’s IEM from Walmart as @MICHAELSD noted. No Beats vibe here! :p

If they’re aiming for the mass market (the marketing materials definitely don’t make it sound geared specifically towards audiophiles), a stylish Beats-type design would’ve served them well.

This looks a starter Audeze headphone for a ten-year-old who desperately cares about the quality of their audio...

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #24 of 153
62d062a1-d761-4d86-90aa-99fce3251f73_1.d6cc3f8177bfe7c06436bf46526f4526.jpeg

iSINELX-Banner_iPhoneiPad_3_mob_0.jpg

They should’ve owned a stylish plastic Beats approach.

LX looks like “iSine for kids.”

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #26 of 153
Consider me intrigued! I own a pair of m300's and have submitted two pairs for warranty because of QC issues (bad issues at that) constant connection issues. But with the QC issues aside the m300's sounded fantastic. I could care less how they look but this is subjective. If they sound great I'm all in. I actually don't mind the new look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back