Isabellina HPA - Owner's Thread and Impressions
May 10, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #451 of 532
[size=10pt]As a long time RWA customer, have owned a handful of RWA products, and you seriously need to give this stuff 100 hours or more. You may also find the product move forward and backward sonically for first few dozen hours. Enjoy![/size]

May 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #452 of 532
Evening everyone, 

Ok so I just have to put my two cents in about how much I enjoy my isabellina LFP-V HPA.  My setup is iMac--Isabellina HPA--Sen 201 and I find myself enjoying the music very well.  Now I need to add that I am currently waiting for my LA7000 lites from lawton audio and the Sen 201 are all that I had on hand.  I was not really expecting much but figured what the heck I can at least listen to some music.  So even with these really cheap headphones..only paid 17 bucks for them I can hear things fairly well, for example instrument separation, depth of the music and the feeling of the music.  Now granted these aren't no high end headphones and I understand that, I am just saying how the I love the fact that the isabellina LFP-V HPA can make these really crap headphones sound good.

Though I have to say I am getting very excited to get the LA7000 lites!

Have a great night all, just wanted to share my experience.

tink97

May 12, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #453 of 532
My Isabellina HPA wIll be arriving today. I'm selling off all of my portable system and going with my MacBook Air, Pure Music, Locus Design Axis USB, JH16 combo and now I hope that I'm done forever and ever.

May 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #454 of 532
Having owned Two Red Wine Audio Imod modified Apple 5.5 generation iPods, I was already familiar with the sound quality and workmanship that Vinnie Rossi was capable of. I have read several reviews of Red Wine products and have never read anything negative, on the contrary, the gushing thoughts of those individuals that have been lucky enough to audition said products have been borderline crazy. When Vinnie released the Isabellina HPA I longed to own one, and finally sold enough gear to make that dream happen. 
 On arrival of the Isabellina you become aware that this is not some everyday consumer audio device. The quality of the shipping box alone is a thing of beauty. After unboxing the HPA I was immediately impressed by the build quality and workmanship. It has a nice heft, giving me a nice  sense that my money was well spent. I quickly plugged the Isabellina into my system between my MacMini and a Sunfire Theater Grand Signature Edition 425x5 amplifier, going from the output RCA outputs into the front left/right inputs of the Sunfire amp. I opted to get the HPA version with the optional variable RCA outs, so that I could use it as my DAC as well as a preamplifier. And when I say plugged in I don't mean into the wall because the great thing about the Isabellina is that it runs off of battery power. That's right just grab it and go no cords needed. Until it needs to be charged of course 
This will be a short initial overview of the HPA being implemented into my gear rack for two channel stereo listening. Keeping in mind that Vinnie recommends at least 100 hours break-in  time to really make the Isabellina sing. Well all I can say is my ears have never heard anything sound so awesome. The sound stage was so wide coming from my pair of Klipsch RF-7's, I thought I had moved into a concert hall. Bass output was deep and powerful and the treble is to die for, sweet and with nice decay. But in my opinion the Isabellina's most awesome ability is it's midrange. Never has Diane krall and Nora Jones sounded so real and lifelike. So far I could not be happier with this purchase. Next I will be trying out the headphone out ( the real reason I bought the Isabellina ). If you are looking for a high-end DAC/ headphone amp/ digital source switcher that has the most amazing sound you will ever hear, look no farther than the Red Wine Audio Isabellina HPA LPF-V. 

May 17, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #455 of 532
All,

Thanks for all your posts sharing your Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition experiences - as always, I really appreciate all your feedback and
support!

Forgot to mention that you can now find Red Wine Audio on Facebook - and all new website design is in the works and will be up in just a couple of weeks, along with some more exciting stuff! 
wink.gif

Happy listening!

Vinnie

May 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #456 of 532
Can't wait to see the new website!  I hear the photography is great.
wink.gif

May 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #457 of 532

Quote:
My Isabellina HPA wIll be arriving today. I'm selling off all of my portable system and going with my MacBook Air, Pure Music, Locus Design Axis USB, JH16 combo and now I hope that I'm done forever and ever.

Brother, you gotta test out some full-size headphones with your new toy!

If you like the Isabellina HPA with IEMs you'll LOVE it with something bigger.

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #459 of 532
http://redwineaudio.com/components/audeze_edition

It's official.

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #460 of 532

Quote:

Brother, you gotta test out some full-size headphones with your new toy!

If you like the Isabellina HPA with IEMs you'll LOVE it with something bigger.

Took your advice and sold JH16's and bought LCD-2's. Now I get it. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #461 of 532

Quote:
http://redwineaudio.com/components/audeze_edition

It's official.

Yeah!  I can finally talk about it!

I've heard this and it's awesome.  I will be getting ser# 001 by month's end and cannot wait!!

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #462 of 532
And the photography does look GREAT. 
atsmile.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #465 of 532

Quote:
Lol. Lee are you getting the Audeze version or just the regular Isabellina HPA?

The Audeze version...it's the balanced one we heard in NYC plus the high-res DAC board.  SOOOO looking forward to it.  I leave for Yellowstone on Wednesday for 10 days, and the week after I get back, Izzy should arrive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back