Isabellina HPA - Owner's Thread and Impressions
Mar 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #392 of 532
Mr A I've been emailing Vinnie back and forth about this all afternoon...He's been more then very helpful and went so far as to look at the owners manual of my Pioneer av online but it doesn't seem like it can work.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #393 of 532
gigman, glad to hear that you are receiving the appropriate help from Vinnie. I expected nothing but great service from him. By the way my name is Miguel, the mr in mrarroyo are the initials to my first name and middle name. Good luck.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #394 of 532
My Isabellina shape shifted on me today... She turned from a modest, polite ballroom dancer into a she-devil, night prowling goddess of music to my ears.

And it was great cause I noticed the change as it was happening, and I thought I was dreaming. I felt drugged. I was high as a kite.

It was that good.

I think I got a good many hours to go till it's fully burned in, but it just sounds so good I can't picture it any different. I was entranced so long it shut off cause the battery ran out, then I figured it was time to go to bed
ph34r.gif

Mar 25, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #396 of 532
Originally Posted by Paganini Alfredo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Isabellina shape shifted on me today... She turned from a modest, polite ballroom dancer into a she-devil, night prowling goddess of music to my ears. 

...are you by chance the little guy who judges on Dancing With the Stars? These words could have come from his mouth
normal_smile .gif

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #398 of 532

Quote:
Ha! Nope.

Don't know if that's a good or bad thing by the way, being compared to him since I've neither watched him or the show before.

Neither, and I was only joking. But your words sounded just like him!

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #399 of 532
I recently got my Isabellina up and running thanks to Vinnie. I'am at 30 hours of burn in and cant't believe the difference in the sound stage already.Out of the box I had to double check to see if by headphones were still connected to the receivers jack but that all changed very quickly.
I'am hearing things in music that I never previously though was included on the song track,can't wait to start rolling a few tubes ,many thanks Vinnie.

Mar 26, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #402 of 532
I bought a NOS Amperex off of this site here which seems like a good store;

http://tctubes.com/6DJ8-6922-ECC88-E88CC-CCa.aspx

Also, this site seems to have some good choices;

http://thetubestore.com/6dj86922types.html

I haven't completed burn in on my unit yet (just listening as I go) so I haven't had the opportunity to meaningfully compare with the stock. I have an eye on the Genalex Gold Lion as from what I've heard/read is a good modern production tube. Regardless I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 20-30$ tubes.

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #403 of 532
I have two favourites - a 50s vintage Valvo CCa, for running the LCD-2 or the Isabellina as DAC to my BHSE, and a 1960s M.A.Z.D.A. 7388, which sounds especially good with the HD800 and the HD650.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #404 of 532
There's a pair of the Siemens Valvos at the tctubes site. Asking price of $500
ph34r.gif
. No thanks.

Where did you pick up the MAZDA tube? I bought some cheapo "used" Amperex tubes (around 20 bucks each) that normally command around $40-50 tested new. Yeah it may be risky buying but I really want to get my feet wet and I figure I'll get more use out of the three combined than with a single Amperex. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #405 of 532
Good thing about the Isabellina - only needs one tube
biggrin.gif
  The Mazda comes from Brent Jessee. Was recommended to me by somebody else here, great stuff. The CCa from a guy on ebay, can't remember the name. Runs a shop, too. Pretty expensive stuff, but the difference between the stock JJ and the CCa ist mindboggling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back