is zu cable much better than hd650 stock one?
Dec 21, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 23
Yes, if you have good equipment that will reveal such differences, it will be quite noticeable. If you don't have a good amp and source, I recommend you upgrade those components first.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 23
zucable.com i think. After getting my HD-650 recabled with the Zu mobius, i was so impressed that i redid my whole sound system and eventually all interconnects with Zu cable. Most of it you can get thru promos on ebay but the headphone rewire you just have to order direct. I already had an amp-xcan and i the difference was very noticeable.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 23
I tend to partially agree with the poster above. I do think that cables can make a non-insignificant different, and offer a definite improvement (especially if the ancilary equipment is up to the task). That said though, I do not think the asking price of some cables is commensurate....the Mobius Mk.2 being over $450 for a 6ft set, the ALO/Jenalab cable too being about the same price.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 23
Yeah, like others said and I said before, your system has to be up to par so you can discern the differences. I'd recommend the APS (apuresound) cables, I like them very much. They're not as expensive as the Zu either.

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 23
HeadLover - thanks for those comments; I've been interested in the Blue Dragon for a while (I am not a fan of pure silver cables). Do you have the V3? Also if I may ask, do you find the all-copper cable adds at all to the already bassy and warm HD650 signature?

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #13 of 23
Just in case anyone's curious, it's the last day of the factory direct sale at Zu Audio. They had one 1.5m Mk2 cable on sale for $99 which someone already snatched up (was thinking about it, but I already have one). They still have a 2.5m Mk1 cable terminated with a TRS connector for $99, however.

Either way, it's a relatively cheap cable upgrade for what you're getting.

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very happy with Moon Audio BLUE, a very good cable
Worth trying for sure!

I also got the Moon-Audio Blue Dragon a couple of months ago and it made a noticeable improvement (e.g., better clarity, wider soundstage). It is not night and day difference, but still very good improvements while keeping the warm and smooth HD650 sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back