Is this site legit?
Aug 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Why on Earth would you want Beats?
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 18
I'm sure that you could get more value for your money by getting different headphones, but if you like Beats, I won't try to change your mind.

I know beats arnt very good for the money but these will be for public and school ect. So I want them to look cool, I want to get a good sounding pair too.... But well see how much money I hav later on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
I know beats arnt very good for the money but these will be for public and school ect. So I want them to look cool, I want to get a good sounding pair too.... But well see how much money I hav later on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Heya,

So what you're saying is, you want a fashion accessory, not an audiophile listening device.

Gotcha.

Get whatever is popular that hangs around your neck then.

Very best,

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 18
This website says these aren't authentic, but rather "For most Monster fans, it is well know that Monster set up OEM factories in Guangdong and Shanghai in China. From special access, hotsalemarts gets the same wires and chips as those of authentic Monster products from the Shanghai OEM factory, and then assembles the new headphones. From the outward appearance and the acoustic effect, they are the same as the original ones. It performs very well on the low frequency, linear extension and active bass. In appearance, it is blameless! However, for the suspicious or buyers who pursue authentic products, please think carefully before the purchasing. Thank you!"

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #10 of 18
Aug 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

They might be legitimate but I wouldn't order from them. Their web site

1. is registered in Beijing with a domain contact at 163.com;
  2. offers no physical location;
  3. offers no phone number;
  4. offers no email address.

Strike 4.

Now the website is even down.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #12 of 18
Hey OP, if you want headphones that are more aesthetically pleasing than functional, would you consider some V-Modas? Their target audience is people who want to look cool but have good headphones as well:

LP2's, $200, circumaural

http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Limited-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345678114&sr=8-1&keywords=lp2

M-80's, $153, on-ear

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Shadow/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345678203&sr=1-1&keywords=m-80

You can even order custom shields ($25 per pair, 20% off your first order) and have whatever you want engraved on the sides in white, and then you can swap them with the shields that come with the cans.

You could also wait for the M-100's to be released (a better version of the LP2's), but they would be around $300, and I would assume you would want them sooner.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
Hey OP, if you want headphones that are more aesthetically pleasing than functional, would you consider some V-Modas? Their target audience is people who want to look cool but have good headphones as well:

LP2's, $200, circumaural

http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Limited-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345678114&sr=8-1&keywords=lp2

M-80's, $153, on-ear

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Shadow/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345678203&sr=1-1&keywords=m-80

You can even order custom shields ($25 per pair, 20% off your first order) and have whatever you want engraved on the sides in white, and then you can swap them with the shields that come with the cans.

You could also wait for the M-100's to be released (a better version of the LP2's), but they would be around $300, and I would assume you would want them sooner.

thanks, i didnt know about the m100 and im well awear of v-moda, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back