is this real? are these akg k 702's?
Jan 1, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #16 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had a pair in my hands a few times. I am confident that if they come and are not authentic, I will know. I paid via credit card and can do a chargeback for the paltry amount charged.

Best of luck! I'm not interested in this because I already have the K701 (and it's not like I can get it anyway since I'm in Canada and they won't ship abroad), but this would be an amazing deal if it really is real.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #17 of 198
I went ahead and ordered these too. Its practically my next upgrade - decided for me! Amazing deal, I just hope it all goes through and its the real thing.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #18 of 198
I got my Monster Turbines for cheap some time ago through Buy.com. They didn't even have a picture up for them, but they were the right ones
smily_headphones1.gif
Best of luck!!!

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #19 of 198
Okay, I'm gonna edit this post again.

I think I'll just pull the trigger and put these on the credit card.

The company seems legit (started in 2002 they say), you can pay through Amazon.com (another layer of "protection), and if it turns out to be some bad pricing error, your money will be refunded.

As much as I dislike the K701/K702, it wouldn't hurt to have them again for this cheap of a price.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #20 of 198
I pulled the trigger on these. Could not resist at this price. I hope this is for real...

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #23 of 198
Yup, just pulled the trigger as well. Let's see what becomes of this interesting discovery.

Thanks Chone for finding this oddball deal.
beerchug.gif

EDIT: lol if you scroll down a bit on the page, it's popularity shot up a couple thousand percent because of this deal.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #27 of 198
Just bought one too! I had to too. If I don't keep them, at least I got to try them out. Gotta see what all the talk is about
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #28 of 198
If this DOES end up being real, then I wonder what this would do to the value of all the K701/2's on the FS forum... deals like this already pretty much killed any real value that the Triple fi had here. Heh...
tongue.gif

And may I note with some dismay here that international buyers outside of U.S, just like the Logitech TF deal, are out of luck with this one... if this was something I truly needed I'd be pretty pissed right now, lol.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #30 of 198
I just pulled the trigger as well. I remember seeing these on buy.com before advertised as harman k702. I think the price was much higher then. This does seem too good to be true, but the seller does have a 30 day return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back