Is this our banned friend on eBay?
Jul 28, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 23
It might be wise to relay this information to a moderator, or start a thread in the Member's Lounge where more Head-Fi'ers are active. I'd be quite surprised if many of us here were not already watching these phones, and given the seller's unfavorable reputation, it'd be a good warning for potential bidders.

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might be wise to relay this information to a moderator, or start a thread in the Member's Lounge where more Head-Fi'ers are active. I'd be quite surprised if many of us here were not already watching these phones, and given the seller's unfavorable reputation, it'd be a good warning for potential bidders.

What exactly he did wrong in the first instance? Other than the two accounts in headfi, I do not see antything wrong posted on his feedback at least....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Did any member have any negative experience with him? Please post it in the feedback...
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did any member have any negative experience with him? Please post it in the feedback...
wink.gif

Well, this would answer your question:
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The issue is that the buyer is flipping items with two accounts. This is a ban-able offense X2. Neither flipping NOR double accounts are allowed on Head-Fi. It is unethical to the extreme....

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, this would answer your question:

Nope it does not, I see it this way, it is not allowed in head-fi according to the forum rules, but IMO to be ethical or not is a very personal subject.
I agree that it should be subject to action here, due to the rules we follow here, if he would be posting the item here, but he is selling it on eBay, not in Head-fi, I do not see that as unethical...

Also consider that we have seen many times, members, selling here and making profits, are you going to tell me that a seller of an R-10 that paid $2500 a few years back will sell it for that same price or less? That is IMO somewhat like a double standard, to judge one case, and not the others...Don't you think?

Also did anybody knows if he had ever fail to deliver the good he sell? Or maybe stole someones money? That IMO will be unethical, but to sell for a profit sure it is not, at least not to me...

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 23
I have to agree with SovKiller on this one.

Sure what he did here at head-fi was an offense and deserved to be banned, but if he's coming up with goods that he's selling then why the buyer beware for his items on ebay.

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only asked because I did not want to support someone who has been dubious on these hallowed forums. That is all.

I was contacted once by another member to check a serial number of one of the Rudistor amps, as he was using somewhat the same tactic to sell one of our amps, of course for confidentiality reasons I didn't confirm, nor deny that issue, at that time, and that is his prerogative in any case, in case of being affirmative (I didn't even check...)

I agree with you, I do not like to support people that do not have consideration for other fellow in the same boat, and trust me that the same applies to many well known members of these lands that I have seen doing the same, just with more caution, and in a more sneaky fashion. But one thing is that and another is to call it unethical...Ethics are like politics, very delicate, what is wrong today tomorrow is good....

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 23
yeah it's him again.

No interest with Hp-2, but I didn't know he had a PS-1 or an HP-1 from the look of his text... Did he get these from fellow head-fi'ers too?

Jul 28, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #11 of 23
Sovkiller, the biggest problem is the guy is a compulsive liar. He told everyone he needed to liquidate his audio gear to pay off his credit card, which he charged over $7000 within 1 month thinking it was interest-free. Subsequently, he exclaimed that he would sell them at the prices he paid for them. But, the previous owners vouched that the prices didn't add up and he was still trying to make a profit. Now, he asking in his auction if anyone has a MDR-R10. Is he lying about his credit card as well or what's really his deal? He's getting a lot of bad press lately because he doesn't seem interested in telling the truth at all.

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovkiller, the biggest problem is the guy is a compulsive liar. He told everyone he needed to liquidate his audio gear to pay off his credit card, which he charged over $7000 within 1 month thinking it was interest-free. Subsequently, he exclaimed that he would sell them at the prices he paid for them. But, the previous owners vouched that the prices didn't add up and he was still trying to make a profit. Now, he asking in his auction if anyone has a MDR-R10. Is he lying about his credit card as well or what's really his deal? He's getting a lot of bad press lately because he doesn't seem interested in telling the truth at all.

Thanks for the clarification, now i see the whole picture, that thread is very long to be read entirely, I just finish it, just to find out who the hell that guy was...
eek.gif

In any case thanks for the heads up, I was laready warned by another headfellow, but you know we always give the benefit of the doubt, even while in some cases is pretty obvious, maybe the naive human nature in me...
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope it does not, I see it this way, it is not allowed in head-fi according to the forum rules, but IMO to be ethical or not is a very personal subject. ..

You are, of course, right. However, the OP is only proving a heads-up to the rest of the community for a guy who has a shady past here (lies, flipping account, profiteering on others' good faith etc). While we might agree that the he is allowed to carry out whether business strategy he see fit on the open market, I think it is equally important that at least those in the community who are interested in doing business with him get to learn a bit about him first. Any businessman know his/her personality contributes to part of the business' reputation. My $0.02.

[EDIT] belated reply :p

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are, of course, right. However, the OP is only proving a heads-up to the rest of the community for a guy who has a shady past here (lies, flipping account, profiteering on others' good faith etc). While we might agree that the he is allowed to carry out whether business strategy he see fit on the open market, I think it is equally important that at least those in the community who are interested in doing business with him get to learn a bit about him first. Any businessman know his/her personality contributes to part of the business' reputation. My $0.02.

[EDIT] belated reply :p

After reading a little bit more on the subject I got the whole picture straight, thanks for the heads up, even while Grado is not my thing at all...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back