Is this good enough? (For me)
Jul 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DAC1 certainly measures better, though. Stereophile: Benchmark DAC1 USB D/A processor & headphone amplifier

graphCompare.php

It depends on whether or not +5db at 20 Hz is worth $100 to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

^(yay flame wars)

These are the physical differences between the 580 and 600:
1. More closely matched drivers in the 600s.
2. wire mesh grills on the 600s. Many with 580s replace the stock grills with the 600 grills.
3. carbon fiber is used in the 600s which is suppose to dampen vibration.
4. color.

Every thing else is exactly the same.

That review is a unique take on the Senns. Most people who have owned both the 600s and 580s find them to be not that much different if not identical in SQ.

Most people who have heard both the 595 and 580 prefer the 580s.

Don't take my word for it, there are tons of info on all the phones mentioned in the review, some research (yeah, the search function reeks) will clarify things. Of course personal taste, what type of music is being played, and other equipment being used all make a difference.

In short, if I could get a set of 580s for significantly less the the 600s I'd go with the 580s.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha Enthusia, I think I have to agree. Your amp is twice the price of your headphones. Hmm, but then again I plan on getting the MKIII as well for my MS-1s
rolleyes.gif
But later on it will serve my K701/DT880/HD650
evil_smiley.gif

In case of the TS I don't think it's worth getting an amp. Getting a DAC will make your sound nicer but if you want to keep using your x-fi gadget thingies I don't think that's possible with a usb-dac. Correct me there if I'm wrong though
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also in the "amp twice the price of your headphones" team. =p

CIAudio VHP-1 plus ATH-AD700, haha!

This is a good combo though! I'd love to run AD2000s out of it though. =D Soon. Veeeery soon!

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I bought the hd650's instead.

Don't you just love head-fi
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back