Is This Even Possible? o.0
Feb 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bassix

100+ Head-Fier
My cousin recently decided to take his FiiO E11 and some offbrand $25 amp that isn't bad, and used a modded splitter cable so he could plug his ipod into both, and started modding his beats detachable cable so it could plug into both amps...He is going to txt me how it works when he finishes, but I'm curious on what this will do, whether it will do nothing, make a messed up sound, make it even better? Any clues on What is gonna happen besides probably breaking both the amps and/or the headphones?

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
So are you saying that he is going to connect two amps to the same source and then drive one headphone from two different outputs?

Yes, he has 2 amps. He is connecting both amps to the same ipod using a splitter cable. He is then connecting both amps to his headphones using another splitter cable

Amp 1
Ipod<             >Headphones
         Amp 2

He still haven't tested, he is tweaking the headphone cable atm

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 7
I think it'd be better/easier, if you just rewired the headphones for balanced in put and bought an amp with balanced out put. If your friend isn't using the same exact amp in the experiment, each side will sound some what different. But given that they're using Beats, maybe not.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 7
So he could use one of these to connect the headphone to the two amps:

And buy another one and connect a 3.5mm->3.5mm cable for the iPod to the amps?

This seems interesting...

Quote:

Yes, he has 2 amps. He is connecting both amps to the same ipod using a splitter cable. He is then connecting both amps to his headphones using another splitter cable

Amp 1
Ipod<             >Headphones
         Amp 2

He still haven't tested, he is tweaking the headphone cable atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back