Is this bad?
Jul 19, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:
Well, this is some ********.
Emailed the guy who runs the company and explained the situation, and he requires you to send a picture of the faulty headphones with the cables cut before you receive a new pair.
Well I did that, only to find out this is not a warranty cause and therefore I can't get a new set unless I buy a new set.
GTFO with that.

lol...I hope you get the replacement.

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #18 of 25
I am more concerned if the grill part is left in ear, it would be good idea to see a doctor to make sure its not the case. Regarding the IEM replacement, I think you are entitled for replacement because I guess grill also acts a bit like acoustic filter and protective cover and loosing it might effect sound in some manner.
Though xears sound quiet good as compared to price , I agree build quality is poor & on xears thread you will find lot of people complaining of CS.

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #19 of 25
Well on a brighter note!

A couple of years ago I modified an inexpensive IEM. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get better sound. It had a super heavy screen and as I was using a hand tool to slowly widen the sound port going into your ear I chose to remove the screen. Over the years I have really mishandled them letting them sit in my pocket and such. I blow out any lint or such everytime before I use them. They work fine. 

If you end up keeping your pair, I would take the other screen out so they are balanced and enjoy them. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
Well I'm happy to say they changed their mind somehow.
I woke up this morning, checked my Gmail and I have a message from Xears saying they will send a new pair anyway.

Ya but the screenless will sound better.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
Maybe if I didn't cut the cables on them they would sound better, but I guess I won't know.

If you don't take the screens out you will never know? But I Iook for meaning and gifts in everything and many don"t.

Many think the world is doing them wrong............................I feel the world is training me......................imo.

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #24 of 25
Jul 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:
Huh???

How do you know this?

Jim

Truly, I am guessing like all of us are. There is no way of knowing until we test both. I am sure screens are put in to keep ear wax and other crap from hindering  the full sound from the driver.

You are right I truly don't know!

It all depends on if the new screen missing drivers are making the sound closer to what the listener wants.

I may sound wacky but I believe every mistake has a methodology to getting farther in this hobby.

It did work for me when I was working without treble deficient  headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back