Is this bad?
Jul 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

imadroppa

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Xears TD4 IEMs and I do enjoy them quite a bit.

I took my earphones out and noticed something peculiar about them. The piece that goes on your ear was missing the silver layer in it!

I don't know if it's foreshadowing problems on the near future as far as the ear blowing out, or if it poses a health issue or whatever. I just need to know of I should get them replaced now or see how much longer they live.

I have a backup pair of Kicker EB-141's ready if needed, so if these are done for I won't be without good earphones.

34hco02.jpg

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 25
So the grill covering the driver isn't there? That only has durability issues, and it might sound different from the earbud that has the grill. The worse that can happen is something falling inside and ruining the driver. I don't know of any way to fix it, if you can find the grill try to glue it back without covering the holes.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 25
So the grill covering the driver isn't there? That only has durability issues, and it might sound different from the earbud that has the grill. The worse that can happen is something falling inside and ruining the driver. I don't know of any way to fix it, if you can find the grill try to glue it back without covering the holes.

Yes, the grill is lost. I would try to glue it back but i don't even know when it happened or ahere it may be. But as long as they still work I'm fine. Thanks for the quick response

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #6 of 25
Well there you go, that's pretty good customer service.

I would also add that the missing piece may help shape the sound of the headset.

I'd get a replacement and call it a day.

Jim

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 25
Well, this is some ********.

Emailed the guy who runs the company and explained the situation, and he requires you to send a picture of the faulty headphones with the cables cut before you receive a new pair.

Well I did that, only to find out this is not a warranty cause and therefore I can't get a new set unless I buy a new set.

GTFO with that.

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 25
How can losing the grill not be a warranty issue???

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #14 of 25
I'll bug them about it tomorrow. Thing is the guy I talked to didnt seem to care that i had already cut the cables. Didnt even acknowledge it in our conversation.

Honestly i dont really care. They were $50 bucks, my second set because the first one broke the day i got it. Not too satisfied with them right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back