Is this a steal for ES7s?! or is it just too good to be true?
Dec 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EraserXIV

Headphoneus Supremus
Dec 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 11
if it's too good to be true, it probably isnt. And it isnt.

keep looking, mate
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 11
Very nice looking fakes judging from that pic. How can you tell if they're not the genuine article? Two ways I know of are: 1. checking if they come with the meh looking case with the AT logo on it (real ones are blank), and 2. seeing if it has a silver plug instead of a gold one. This one appears to have a gold plug...

Dec 14, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 11
Sometimes, even credible sellers will buy a product they think is okay, but turns out to be another Chinese rip-off. I'd ask the seller if he'd be willing to give you a refund on both item AND shipping in case you end up with a fake.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes, even credible sellers will buy a product they think is okay, but turns out to be another Chinese rip-off. I'd ask the seller if he'd be willing to give you a refund on both item AND shipping in case you end up with a fake.

Hmm true.. I've actually had that happen once when I bought a tennis racket off eBay. He swore it was legitimate, but I knew it was fake because I had a genuine one right next to me. In the end it escalated to a PayPal dispute and I got all my money back, but I would never want to go through that experience again. (I had to fax a 20 page document to PayPal with all my pictures and proof that it was a fake, and on top of that I had to get an official letter from a local tennis club backing up my claims! Wow it was a crazy process!)

Anyways, I shot him and e-mail and I also asked for some pictures of the actual item, I'll see what happens.

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #10 of 11
Dec 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 11
IMO the pic he provides depict a genuine es7. The cable that comes in contact with the cups is legit compared to fakes. From what i can see the earpads are also legit and not extremely wrinkly like the fakes.

BUT, some ebayers tend to search the web for a picture of the product they are selling and just use it instead of taking original photos of the actual product they are selling.

If the es7 that he's selling is the one in the pic, i say go for it. (unless they have greatly improved their ability to copy to original). I agree with everyone else, make sure he agrees to give you a full refund if you find out that it's fake if you do want to buy it. But overall, IMO, don't risk it. $70 is still money..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back