is this a good amp/dac for the price?
Oct 17, 2008 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

nff

100+ Head-Fier
Oct 17, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 15
but has anybody actualy owned this amp and how dose it sound/perform?

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 15
I don't know anything about them but if you do a Google on HLLY you'll get both a webpage from that maker and an eBay store; they sell them there too and the eBay store has excellent Feedback. Maybe a back-search on the Feedback will yield results on previous buyers/users. Hope that helps. Don

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 15
Most probably!
After all its just $49...

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #7 of 15
so it would be decent?
kinda like the "Fiio products cheap but for the price it cant be beat?

the only problem i see with the hlly HA 29 is that it dosent have a volume controll.

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #8 of 15
the build seem decent and for that price you have a DAC. I was about to say that you could get a Mini³ instead but you'll pay around 3x the price of this little one. The Mini³ have volume control and sound great but have no DAC. It depend on what you plan to do with it.

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #9 of 15
i wanted it for the dac. but if i use it as a dac then i need an amp also *headdesk*

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 15
The construction using Oscon, Nichicon Muse and Wima Poly's looks nice.
smile.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #11 of 15
so what will its compitition be in quality wise. ?

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 15
At 50 dollars there is very little to choose from as far as competition is concerned (unless you take DIY into account and if that is taken into account then DIY is the way to go IMO) ......don't expect miracles from it and you'll be pleasantly surprised I'll bet.

Only one way to find out if it's any good nff.....

Peete.

Oct 19, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 15
ah well i gota be one of the poor-est head-fi members ever so ATM i dont have the means or funds to even buy a E3 lol. but doing your research before hand is my best idea. (and it also keeps me from dropping off of the head-fi map)

but anyways enough of my sob story when i said comparable i ment dont consider the price basically a blind A/B between this amp and another what would this amp be comparable to? not counting in its ridiculous price.

Oct 19, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #14 of 15
Well, in this world, your ears are the king and your wallet the queen. Get something to please both but remember that the king always have more power.

As for this DAC, I don't think anybody tested it because it's not from any known company so if you don't have 50$ to spend on an unknown unit, don't buy otherwise, like everyone said, give it a shot!

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #15 of 15
In spite of their positive feedback on eBay, I am in the middle of a dispute with them re the purchase of a Yulong DAH1 unit. Unit was DOA out of the box, returned to them (at my expense), and has not yet been replaced, even though the auction closed over three months ago and they've had the defective unit more than a month. (And, yes, they have admitted in their e-mails to me that they did receive the defective unit.) Recently, they just stopped responding to my inquiries about replacement status. PM me for details, if you need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back