Is there any way to make the RS1i's more comfortable?
Jun 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

davidc2

Head-Fier
I have just bought a pair of the RS1i's - the sound is great but they become uncomfortable very quickly. The problem is just that they clamp too hard on my head. Presumably there's no way to safely relax the tension in the metal over-band - is it possible to get thicker/softer foam pads?

Thanks for any help on this.

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 14
When I had Grado's they came with a paper under the foam in the pizza box which told you to gently bend the headband outward to relax the tension and adjust to fit.

See if it is there under the foam, it will make you more comfortable bending such expensive cans.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 14
Thanks very much. Just as you said there is paper in the box it says you can carefully loosen the headband. I'll try that tomorrow. The problem feels worse when you are a glasses wearer like me.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I had Grado's they came with a paper under the foam in the pizza box which told you to gently bend the headband outward to relax the tension and adjust to fit.

See if it is there under the foam, it will make you more comfortable bending such expensive cans.
biggrin.gif

I wish the guys at AKG had a paper saying that, then I wouldn't feel horrible bending my k701. How careless of them.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 14
the foam pads supposedly get softer is you clean them a few times with some shampoo or something. squeeze it and let it dry.

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidc2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Presumably there's no way to safely relax the tension in the metal over-band.

Inside the leather headband is a metal bar that can be easily (and safely) bent to fit your head...
step2.jpg

It would take superhuman strength to damage this bar.
tongue.gif
Ignore the cardboard piece and the detached plastic block on the left shown in the pic.

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #12 of 14
Serves the purpose. Otherwise they'd charge a grand. I washed mine with a fabric softener a couple times and at least they don't itch as bad and are softer. Some of the dye will bleed when washing, nbd.

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #14 of 14
welcome to Grado international pricing
wink.gif

... at least the sound is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back