Is there any way to have all sounds playing through some headphones, while having Team speak audio play in IEMs that I'd wear under the headphones?
May 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

problematiic

New Head-Fier
I'd like to have music and stuff through some open headphones, for the better sound and so called airy feel, but I also don't want my parents to hear all the swearing and stuff on Team speak whenever she comes near my room. I was wondering if I could have all audio play through the open headphones, while also having the sounds of TS coming through IEMs which I'd wear below the Full-sized headphones. Is this possible? I just don't want to limit myself to closed headphones that's all.

May 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 5
It's possible, but it depends on your setup. You will need to have at least 2 different audio outputs available.

This question got me slightly intrigued, so I took a few minutes to connect my Mixamp Pro (2013) to my PC (for the first time ever).
Selecting the Mixamp as Playback Device in TS3 while using Xonar DGX as main output allows for the scenario that you describe. I imagine this would also work with external USB DAC/amps, other Mixamp-like devices or using the headphone out connection of external (active) speaker sets over Optical/SPDIF.

Not sure how ideal this kind of solution this is though, or how much of a problem this could actually be. 
blink.gif

May 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 5
I know with skype this is an option. In skype it has it own audio mixer. So you could pick ur IEM for skype and then pick your game for the headphones. You obviously would need 2 sound cards/dacs to do this. I'm not sure if teamspeak has these same options. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back