Is there any thing to avoid when it comes to headphone stands?
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Evan McNaughton

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to get one of those wooden headphones stands that's vaguely head-shaped to display my headphones when I'm not using them, however before I buy one I wanted to make sure there's nothing I should avoid. My concerns are that it could permanently dent a softer ear pad, stretch a headband, or intent the cushion on the top of the headphones. Are these things to be concerned about, or am I just overthinking things?

for reference here's the one I'm looking at: https://www.amazon.com/ONEGenug-Hea...ywords=headphone+stand&qid=1633912236&sr=8-13

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm probably being overly cautious, but I personally don't like any stands that make contact with the pads

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #3 of 6
I agree with the above post.
Anything that unnecessarily stretches out the headband will cause it to lose it's clamping force over the months/years.

Also, avoid anything really thin.
The reference posted is good because it distributes the weight evenly across the whole headband, so it doesn't leave indentations in the headband padding.

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 6
I agree with the above post.
Anything that unnecessarily stretches out the headband will cause it to lose it's clamping force over the months/years.

Also, avoid anything really thin.
The reference posted is good because it distributes the weight evenly across the whole headband, so it doesn't leave indentations in the headband padding.
Thanks for the feedback! Could you recommend any stands in particular I should look at?

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm looking to get one of those wooden headphones stands that's vaguely head-shaped to display my headphones when I'm not using them, however before I buy one I wanted to make sure there's nothing I should avoid. My concerns are that it could permanently dent a softer ear pad, stretch a headband, or intent the cushion on the top of the headphones. Are these things to be concerned about, or am I just overthinking things?

for reference here's the one I'm looking at: https://www.amazon.com/ONEGenug-Hea...ywords=headphone+stand&qid=1633912236&sr=8-13
Make sure your headphone fits fully on those. These look like a little bit smaller so large pads will not fit on it and you get pressure spots on your pads. A large one that fits almost every headphone are the Sieveking stands but those are expensive.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Make sure your headphone fits fully on those. These look like a little bit smaller so large pads will not fit on it and you get pressure spots on your pads. A large one that fits almost every headphone are the Sieveking stands but those are expensive.
Thanks, I'll make sure to look for a pair large enough for the whole pad, I have a pair of DT 770s which are fairly large so that's something I need to be aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back