Is there any other way to reach Headphonia (Headstage)'s ???
Mar 31, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 24
They said the dac cable was not yet available. I just got another response saying it's going to be at least another month. at this point, im ready to cancel the whole thing. the problem is that I already received the amp, and the amp is of little value to me without the DAC, so i dont know how a refund would work (I ship back the used amp?). Thinking of picking up the new D6 instead.

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 24

This does seem ridiculous.

Also, I can't get in contact with him either. I've sent 2 emails and haven't had a response yet. I went ahead and ordered an Arrow 12 3g today because it said on the site it would ship next buisness day. But I never trust something I have to wait months for. Seems ridiculous to me that you have to pay so for in advance.
Quote:
They said the dac cable was not yet available. I just got another response saying it's going to be at least another month. at this point, im ready to cancel the whole thing. the problem is that I already received the amp, and the amp is of little value to me without the DAC, so i dont know how a refund would work (I ship back the used amp?). Thinking of picking up the new D6 instead.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 24
Their forum just got hacked so they are probably occupied.  If you don't feel like paying for a product that doesn't exist then don't.  I don't know how that's their fault.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #9 of 24
I love reading stuff like this... People expect boutique items to assemble themselves.. Seriously take a look at Headamp and Audeze, these items take "time" to build. Do more research and email them about build times! Theres heaps of threads about this exact thing!... More Research before dropping your money = Happy Head-fier,

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 24

Quote:
 More Research before dropping your money = Happy Head-fier,

Whoa ! Where are you going with this, townyj ? That sort of logical thought could really make you unpopular around these parts :)

I used to let it get to me, but you just have to chill out and accept that we were all 15 once.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #11 of 24
I know right! :wink: hahah.. But i suppose we have to learn someday!

Quote:

Whoa ! Where are you going with this, townyj ? That sort of logical thought could really make you unpopular around these parts :)

I used to let it get to me, but you just have to chill out and accept that we were all 15 once.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 24
It's not about the wait it's about the terrible communication. When you buy a boutique item, you should get treatment to match. Which includes updates on the status of your product.

Paying money for things ahead of time is one things, waiting for build times is one thing, but not being able to contact this person building your item for which you've already payed for is ridiculous.

Stuff happens to delay production, sure. But you shouldn't have to to wait weeks to get information on what is delaying your item.

Quote:
Their forum just got hacked so they are probably occupied.  If you don't feel like paying for a product that doesn't exist then don't.  I don't know how that's their fault.

Quote:
I know right! :wink: hahah.. But i suppose we have to learn someday!

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 24
I have $500 outstanding on a Triad Audio L3 Amp (I pre-ordered it) and $300 outstanding on the Headstage Arrow 3g. $800.... just out there in the world trusting something will arrive.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #14 of 24
as stated by morbidtoaster, the difficult part for me was the lack of communication. I did get enough communication to get an idea of ship time on the amp, little did i know that the dac cable was a much longer lead time. I had assumed (obviously incorrectly) that since the dac cable was easier to make/received less orderes than the arrow. my difficulty is that my primary use is with a computer, so the amp without the dac isn't extremely useful.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #15 of 24
It's really hard to get frustrated with someone that updates you on progress/problems with your order. Most people can understand that stuff happens. It IS however, very easy to get frustrated when all you do is wait until you're upset enough to send Rob a few emails (because they aren't always responded to) to figure out what's going on.

I completely understand that stuff falls through the cracks, but it's not just one disgruntled customer. There's quite a few of them out there.

Quote:
as stated by morbidtoaster, the difficult part for me was the lack of communication. I did get enough communication to get an idea of ship time on the amp, little did i know that the dac cable was a much longer lead time. I had assumed (obviously incorrectly) that since the dac cable was easier to make/received less orderes than the arrow. my difficulty is that my primary use is with a computer, so the amp without the dac isn't extremely useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back