Is there any other bassy iems like the hippo vb?
Feb 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Bassheadspl

100+ Head-Fier
Hey heafiers, i have been reading up about bassy iems that have brutal amounts of bass on headfi and i come by the hippo vb. lots of people are saying that they can produce bass so loud, you can feel the drivers pushing air into your ear canal, vibrating your eardrum. This bass experience is what i am after, so is it just the hippo vb that can do this or is there more iems that can, but i am not aware about?

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 8
Perhaps the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass?

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 8
The JVC HA-FXZ100 / 200 are said to have really good bass that goes down very deep, I'll have the FXZ100 next week so I'll let you know.  

Other than that the Atrio MG7 have nice bass and so far the best sub-bass from any IEM I've heard, you can get them from atrio.me with code CostProg50% for $109 shipped.

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
The JVC HA-FXZ100 / 200 are said to have really good bass that goes down very deep, I'll have the FXZ100 next week so I'll let you know.  

Other than that the Atrio MG7 have nice bass and so far the best sub-bass from any IEM I've heard, you can get them from atrio.me with code CostProg50% for $109 shipped.

i read even the fxz200 is missing in sub-bass quantity. non-bassheads seem to find the fxz200 bass to be good and right in quantity but bassheads or bass lovers wrote that sub-bass rumble is lacking, i forgot which thread i read that from though.

looking forward to your fxz100 review/impression. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #8 of 8

+1

Impact is a touch less than Hippo VB, but the quality is much better, Hippo VB's bass is not as controlled as the JVC's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back