Is there any Nordost recable for headphone?
Apr 17, 2008 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jalo

Headphoneus Supremus
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Nordost has any recable for headphone? I am interested in their cables. They seem to have excellent cables for speakers and other IC.

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 11
I have some experience with nordost cables ( blue heaven, heimdall, valhalla - all IC ) and wouldn't prise them so much - You will be much better on value and quality with either APS or Zu - just my 0,02$

Apr 17, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotr z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had some experiences with nordost cables ( blue heaven, heimdall, valhalla - all IC ) and wouldn't prise them so much - You will be muhc better on value and quality with either APS or Zu - just my 0,02$

X2. And it seems doubtful you will ever see Nordost pay attention to headphones any time soon.

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #5 of 11
Appreciate all the above comments.

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick82 put Nordost on his K-1000. You might want to ask him.

$3-4000 cables that is... Certainly not for everyone!
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #7 of 11
Nordost do the Heimdall iPod cable 3.5mm -> RCA. If you ask a friendly Nordost dealer they could arrange to get one made up to additional length (1m standard) and leave terminations bare for you to have connected.

PM me if you have trouble finding a local dealer.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$3-4000 cables that is... Certainly not for everyone!
wink.gif

Are they really that much better than cables like Jena Lab, Apuresound, Black dragon etc? 3-4 thousand better?
confused.gif

I am more interested in their headphone cable more than IC.

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #9 of 11
maybe different but I doubt that better - I just bought APS IC and it's not worse than my MIT ( just different ) - waiting for solder iron to recable my w5000 with APS
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #10 of 11
I have the blue heaven IC cable connected to my system, and absolutly love it. I think the idea of a headphone cable made with the same cable would be a very exciting prospect. please tell me if anyone has suceeded in mating a senn plug to it.

Apr 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by onform /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the blue heaven IC cable connected to my system, and absolutly love it. I think the idea of a headphone cable made with the same cable would be a very exciting prospect. please tell me if anyone has suceeded in mating a senn plug to it.

Cardas makes high quality Senn connectors. Perhaps you should see that dealer with a few of those per the previous suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back