is there an ak-240 vs tera?
Apr 20, 2014 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fp581

100+ Head-Fier
i ordered my new tera again after it was stolen with some (a lot) help of good ppl (thank you :))
and i just wondered, will there ever be a next step for portable player?

and then i saw the ak240, searched the world for vs tera one with no luck...

the only thing i could get is specs, but, as we saw in the past, that's not much of a help.

so what i got is that:
                                                                 tera:                                                      ak240
Screen                                                         x                                                           v

Memory                                   supports up to 128GB sd card          internal 256 + up to 128GB Micro SD support

MQS streaming                                             v                                                             v

Size                                                     57x57x18mm                                       2.59"x0.68"x4.21"           

Format support                              WAV stereo 16-bit and 24-bit.           FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF: 8 kHz - 192 kHz 
                                                             as charls say's:                                   (8/16/24 bits per sample)
                                Tera does not support file formats that cripple music       

DAC:                                             NOS Philip's R2R                          Cirrus Logic CS4398 x 2 (Dual DAC) 

and all the rest like battery time weight and etc....

so by the looks of it the AK-240 wins, but dos the SQ of the AK-240 is better then the tera?

i find it hard to believe that any player can win against the tera SQ, i never lisend to a player like it before.
but i can be wrong, i'm only human :) so if you out there tera and ak-240 owner i would love to hear from you 

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 5

so by the looks of it the AK-240 wins, but dos the SQ of the AK-240 is better then the tera?

i find it hard to believe that any player can win against the tera SQ, i never lisend to a player like it before.
but i can be wrong, i'm only human :) so if you out there tera and ak-240 owner i would love to hear from you 

The truth is AK240 sounds much better in almost all aspects.

Wider sound stage (more airy, openness), details, layering, imaging...it's a better machine, period.

But we have to respect how TP has achieved in its time and even now, with my new AK240, I'm still struggle to make the decision to let going the TP.  It is a player with its uniqueness although today there are DAPs out there surpassed what TP can do but it is still a remarkable achievement by Charles.

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 5
I disagree. I find the AK240, which I own, is not the miracle people make it out to be. I find there is a lot of confirmation bias due to its price. The 901 is superior IMO. The Ak240 might be more detailed and airy than the Tera, but the Tera sound a bit morw natural. So overall the AK240 is technically superior and more versatile, but it is not all that clear cut to me.

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 5
  Well done guys, another thread about the Tera Player as all the others been locked down..a
Tera is the most natural music player I have ever heard.

We shall continue our Tera talks in your thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back