Is there a way to move a post from one forum to another?
Apr 16, 2021 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

roach7

100+ Head-Fier
I asked a question in the Headphones forum and did not get response and now I realized there's a forum for the high-end audio that might be more appropriate. Is there a way to move my post over or should I just repost? Thanks

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 6
Just repost after a day or so.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 6
thanks! so there's no rules against double-posting? i know some forums really frowns upon it..
Yeah I mean if somebody spams the forums and posts the same thing in a short time it is not considered favorably. But it's easy to see you're new on the forums and we should give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know where to post. Like I said if a day or two goes by you could post in the right forum. Maybe a good idea would be to update your post to point to the new post and just say what you said here. You didn't get any answers so you moved it to what you hope will be the right section.

The FAQ says to post questions in the intro and questions section. But in reality many of those posts never get answers until they get posted again in whatever section is most relevant. Far from perfect...but I have to say this site has the best moderation of any large site. Very tolerant and helpful!

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah I mean if somebody spams the forums and posts the same thing in a short time it is not considered favorably. But it's easy to see you're new on the forums and we should give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know where to post. Like I said if a day or two goes by you could post in the right forum. Maybe a good idea would be to update your post to point to the new post and just say what you said here. You didn't get any answers so you moved it to what you hope will be the right section.

The FAQ says to post questions in the intro and questions section. But in reality many of those posts never get answers until they get posted again in whatever section is most relevant. Far from perfect...but I have to say this site has the best moderation of any large site. Very tolerant and helpful!
really appreciate your advice !! thank you :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back