Is there a sonic difference between the MEE M6 Pro's and the MEE Sport-fi M6P's?
Nov 30, 2015 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Itsumo Tatakai

New Head-Fier
I am currently debating on which one to purchase.  The M6 Pro's cost $50 while the M6P's cost $23.  Is the price difference only due to the M6 Pro's having a detachable cable?  If so, is it worth it to pay that much more for the detachable cable?  Or is there also a sound quality difference that would explain for the price difference? 

I will be planning on wearing these every day casually on my way to classes as well as wearing in the gym daily.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 13
$10?? How'd you get that deal, good for you!  I just ordered the Sport-fi M6P earlier today off Amazon...for $23.  I get them Wednesday and if I love them enough, I might get the M6 Pro's and give the M6P's as a gift but we'll have to wait and see!  Can't wait because I'm currently using my Klipsch S4's in which the left earbud has died :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #5 of 13
I haven't heard them, however I did see that the drivers they use are different. The Sports has 9mm 16 ohm 98 db/mw drivers, while the Pro has 10mm 16 ohm 100+/- 3 db drivers. So the frequency  response curve for the Pro is likely much flatter, and it is also 2db more efficient. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1121751-REG/meelectronics_ep_m6pro_cl_mee_m6_pro_universal_fit_noise_isolating.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1076007-REG/meelectronics_earphone_m6cl_mee_sport_fi_m6_memory_wire.html

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 13
Oh okay, so in theory there should be a sound difference then.  Do these spec differences indicate significant sound quality differences?  Or is that something one can only tell from listening to both?  Just wondering, sorry I'm a noob lol not sure what to make of those specs lol.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 13
  Oh okay, so in theory there should be a sound difference then.  Do these spec differences indicate significant sound quality differences?  Or is that something one can only tell from listening to both?  Just wondering, sorry I'm a noob lol not sure what to make of those specs lol.

The specs and especially the reviews indicate that the Pro has more refined sound and is quite different than the Sports. I haven't heard them personally. Read the reviews and form your own opinion based on those. I doubt you will be able to listen to these before buying, and you might have a hard time returning these. Some sellers seem to refuse to accept any IEM returns(and will only replace a defective one with another of the same model).

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 13
I believe the m6p is more warmer then the m6 pro. But the m6 pro is more accurate if I am not mistaken

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 13
I believe the m6p is more warmer then the m6 pro. But the m6 pro is more accurate if I am not mistaken

Do other users also find the m6p to be warmer than the m6 pro?

I already have the m6p and I haven't been impressed. Mine don't strike me as warm at all.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #11 of 13

Do other users also find the m6p to be warmer than the m6 pro?

I already have the m6p and I haven't been impressed. Mine don't strike me as warm at all.

I am not sure that is what i heard. I have the m6 pro and they are accurate but harsh 

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 13
Better have a detachable cable so you can have choices of third party cable like those of Fiio. One more thing at Meeaudio, you can buy just left or right earpiece. Best if you lost one and the cable is detachble. Just got mine today after a week of reading a lot of threads and review. Well, its worth the wait and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back