Is there a safe way to trade?
Apr 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Wyd4

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I am currently interested in a trade.
I have done this before and it worked out fantastically, however I dont intend to risk things again.

Is there a safe way to trade headphones that doesn't involve face to face meeting?

Scott

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 6
Everything has its risks, someone has to pay first, or trade first. If you're doing it 'at the same time' one could actually hold back the money/item, so it's still a risk.
The safest way would be to meet in real life, and even then you have risks (taking something extreme, he could stab you or anything and take the item/money). Maybe with a group in real life, that would be the safest, but who would do that?

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 6
If the buyer sends the money using Paypal without trying to cheat on the fees by using the gift/personal method and the seller then ships via a signed, preferably trackable method, everything should be fine. Since I put those two basic things in HUGE red letters in the classifieds, until that UAE identity thief, the number of complaints dropped right down.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 6
  The safest way would be to meet in real life, and even then you have risks (taking something extreme, he could stab you or anything and take the item/money).

My friends that buy/sell on Craigslist do the swap in a public place. Relatively low risk of getting stabbed and/or robbed if you're 10 feet from security cameras and a security guard + police.

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 6
No, that's why you only trade with someone with a high feedback score. When dealing with people withy lower feedback, I tend to ask them to send the item to me and after I receive it then I post it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back