Is there a Portable headphone that wears as comfortable as the BOSE QC15 and sounds as clear and crisp like the B&O A8 ?
Feb 6, 2016 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Audiofail

Head-Fier
I recently have tried my friend's BOSE QC15. Like all noise cancelling headphones, it had a really dense sound signature with dull highs. However it was really comfortable for long duration listening. 
Just wondering if there is any portable cans that sound as nice as the B&O A8 but also wears as comfortably as the BOSE QC 15?

As most noise cancelling headphones tend to sound dull, I am not really looking at noise cancelling ones. just pure headphones.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 18
  I recently have tried my friend's BOSE QC15. Like all noise cancelling headphones, it had a really dense sound signature with dull highs. However it was really comfortable for long duration listening. 
Just wondering if there is any portable cans that sound as nice as the B&O A8 but also wears as comfortably as the BOSE QC 15?

As most noise cancelling headphones tend to sound dull, I am not really looking at noise cancelling ones. just pure headphones.

Dull highs? There must have been some other problem, because the QC15 has boosted upper frequencies to the point of sibilance! I owned one for years. The sound improves if you use a normal headphone cable instead of the proprietary stock cables.

As for portable circumaural headphones that are as comfortable...I dunno! There are only a handful of headphones I've heard that are more comfortable than the QC15. I can tell you about plenty of ones that sound better, but are also not as comfortable.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 18
I've just bought the Beoplay H6. It's on the way. I should be able to write a review about it next weekend. I also ordered the Paradigm H15 just for a try. Planning on writing a review about it also.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 18

Dull highs? There must have been some other problem, because the QC15 has boosted upper frequencies to the point of sibilance! I owned one for years. The sound improves if you use a normal headphone cable instead of the proprietary stock cables.

As for portable circumaural headphones that are as comfortable...I dunno! There are only a handful of headphones I've heard that are more comfortable than the QC15. I can tell you about plenty of ones that sound better, but are also not as comfortable.

Or maybe it just has a cramped sound stage, not dull highs.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 18
  Or maybe it just has a cramped sound stage, not dull highs.

That makes more sense now.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 18
Paradigm H15 passives.

So I have got my Paradigm H15 passives.
Good news is that they sound pretty decent with only minor problem. The minor issue is that some "echoing sound" as if you were in a cave were clearly audible. Just like the Beyerdynamic T 50P and the DT 1350, it has that weird reflection like sound.
Other than that, it is a pretty decent headphone. Comfortable to wear, and suitable for long duration listening.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #10 of 18
Good news is that they sound pretty decent with only minor problem. The minor issue is that some "echoing sound" as if you were in a cave were clearly audible. Just like the Beyerdynamic T 50P and the DT 1350, it has that weird reflection like sound.
Other than that, it is a pretty decent headphone. Comfortable to wear, and suitable for long duration listening.

However, compared with the formal B&O A8, now renamed the i3, it does not sound as vibrant and crisp clear.

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #11 of 18

Maybe try a different source? I have never heard any echoing from my H15s. Seems kind of odd that you would be getting the same echo effect from 3 different pairs of over-ears and yet not from a pair of buds. Might be something from the source that the 3i's are masking.

The 3i's only extend down to 50hz while the other 3 extend to between 5 and 20hz. A problem with low frequency production from the source could certainly cause echo.

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 18

Maybe try a different source? I have never heard any echoing from my H15s. Seems kind of odd that you would be getting the same echo effect from 3 different pairs of over-ears and yet not from a pair of buds. Might be something from the source that the 3i's are masking.

The 3i's only extend down to 50hz while the other 3 extend to between 5 and 20hz. A problem with low frequency production from the source could certainly cause echo.

Nah, I was trying to say that the Beyerdynamic T50p and DT 1350 both have slightly echoing problem, as if you were in a cave. Regardless of the source, T 50 p and DT 1350 all possess the same problem. I do not own a T50p nor a DT 1350. I once tried them at a showcase and discovered the problem. Also, my H15 has that slightly echoing problem. It is something with the earpad design. The 3i / previously A8 sounds more natural.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #14 of 18
Problem with the Beoplay H6 is that unlike what other ppl say about it, I believe it has a just little bit too much low freq. It works ok with an iPhone. However, when I try it with the same song under my TEAC P90SD or my desktop system, it reveals that the H6 actually buffed the low freq zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back