Is there a point of having 2 iem with almost identical sound signature at $1000 price point?
Feb 19, 2017 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

smy1

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the andromeda and the Custom Empire ears Athena Adel and from what I can tell ( my ciem are getting refitted and haven't listen to the Athena for awhile and kinda forgot how it sounds like) they sound almost identical. I am kinda stating to like the andromeda sound signature but they sound kinda similar like there both bright iems and both mid centric iems imo but I think there is small difference. Is there a point of having the Athena and the andromeda?

I mean I had the andromeda less then a week and maybe less then 1 hour listen on these.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 5
IMO, it depends on how much you use them or whether you like collecting. Sometimes it's nice to use a different headphone/IEM depending on your mood but since you said they are mostly similar sounding, I guess it really depends on whether you want a collection or how often you use them. If you don't use them much, I see no point in keeping them. Better to sell them to someone who will appreciate them more.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 5
IMO, it depends on how much you use them or whether you like collecting. Sometimes it's nice to use a different headphone/IEM depending on your mood but since you said they are mostly similar sounding, I guess it really depends on whether you want a collection or how often you use them. If you don't use them much, I see no point in keeping them. Better to sell them to someone who will appreciate them more.

Don't get me wrong the andromeda are amazing and will fit on anybody's collection and I will probably listen back and fourth between the andromeda and the athena. I mean I only had these for 2 days and maybe a total of 1-2 hours of listen, and my athenas are still getting refitted so I need more time with both to see what the difference are. Maybe I should at least give myself a month or so listen and I believe the andromeda has a huge resell value if I want to sell them.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Don't get me wrong the andromeda are amazing and will fit on anybody's collection and I will probably listen back and fourth between the andromeda and the athena. I mean I only had these for 2 days and maybe a total of 1-2 hours of listen, and my athenas are still getting refitted so I need more time with both to see what the difference are. Maybe I should at least give myself a month or so listen and I believe the andromeda has a huge resell value if I want to sell them.

Sounds like a good idea. If you sell them too early, you'll probably start missing them sooner or later so think carefully about it.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 5
I own both the UERM and the UERR, to which the latter has almost entirely replaced her older sister in terms of normal usage. Occasionally I do find myself going back to the UERM, but it has mainly become unused. However, I don't think I will sell it, I do have an unhealthy habit of simply collecting things that once meant something to me. I guess it's the sentimental value. I do think that selling off things that you don't use to others that will is better for you, the item itself, and anyone who may want to buy it but can't afford it new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back