Is there a guide for safely opening my Grado SR325is?
Jul 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dicetrain

New Head-Fier
The cord in the right ear has become loose so that it can pull out and get stuffed back into the can by some measure. I need to open the can to set it back into whatever was locking it into position to prevent damage.

Jul 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

What I do is use either a heat gun (be cautious though) or a hair dryer. Take the pads off and place the headphone on a flat surface with the driver facing down. Use your heat gun / hair dryer and go around the out side of the cup making sure to aim as where the top and bottom of the cup line up, as that's where the glue is. After a left times around the cup check to see if it's warm to the touch. If it feels pretty warm just try to pry the cup apart with your hands.

I've done this so many times that's it's second nature to me. Oh and if using a heat gun make sure to set it to it's lowest setting (assuming you have a ual temperature model). I use a Milwaukee heat gun and have it set to the first setting, which is around 500F.

Quote:
The cord in the right ear has become loose so that it can pull out and get stuffed back into the can by some measure. I need to open the can to set it back into whatever was locking it into position to prevent damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back