Is there a good US/Canadian store that'll ship cans to Australia?
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by one-eyed-xander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure do! Looks pretty legit though, I'd be willing to give them a go.

Also it's a bit odd that their description compare the K701 to the DT880, but don't actually sell the DT880!

Another source for the K701 is headphonic and they definitely are legit, albeit expensive in comparison.

Well I'm not game enough to try them so report back if they are legit or not.

I've ordered from Headphonic a few times before. For headphones and amps there aren't much better in Australia, but for sources you can do much better.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #18 of 28
You should also try pro-audio stores in Australia. Quite often you can get trade prices for headphones. I prefer to buy within Australia, even if I pay a bit more, due to warranty and other things. I do for example purchase from Soundcorp and Factory Sound in Melbourne. These people will quite often bargain. Still not as cheap as from overseas, but alot cheaper than others in Australia.

cheers
Simon

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should also try pro-audio stores in Australia. Quite often you can get trade prices for headphones. I prefer to buy within Australia, even if I pay a bit more, due to warranty and other things. I do for example purchase from Soundcorp and Factory Sound in Melbourne. These people will quite often bargain. Still not as cheap as from overseas, but alot cheaper than others in Australia.

cheers
Simon

X2.

Factory Sound sorted me out with my DT990s.

storedj.com.au are also willing to give member prices if you buy over the counter at their Richmond store; around 10% off their internet prices.

While we're at it, anyone know where I could get a better price on HD25-1s?
The cheapest I was quoted was $350AUD at Store DJ, but it still seems a bit crazy, considering there was a recent sale on them in the US for around $100US... Cheers in advance.

Apr 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #21 of 28
Sorry I'm 6 months late to the party, but I'm Dimitri Vasdekis, the director of Headsonic. Feel free to ask me me anything about my service or the products I sell, but I doubt I could give better advice on products than the collective wisdom of this site.

In regards to what was said above, all our headphones now ship from Brisbane, and the warranty process is also as simple as returning the pair to our Brisbane office, and we'll handle the rest. Our prices have gone up slightly since the above was posted (for instance, our AKG K701 now sells for $409), but these prices include express courier shipping, and since they come from Brisbane with all expenses paid, there's no chance of getting hit with any random customs inspection fees or tariffs, and with our headphones using a real-time tracking courier service, we're yet to lose a pair since shipping from Brisbane, which means less delays for our customers. Also, we're desperately trying to finalize our contract with Beyerdynamic USA, and the references to the DT880 are from when we sold Australian stock.

Thus, as you may have picked up on by now, our products are U.S. stock, which is why our prices are so low, but in terms of the customer experience we believe our service is identical to stores that sell Australian stock. Should you need warranty cover (and most headphones don't) we cover the costs of sending the headphone back to the USA for a repair, and, once repaired, sending it back to you. Regarding the turn-around times for this service, we found that when sending a headphone for repair locally, the repairer would have to send away internationally for parts regardless, making the differences in waiting time minor. All our products are absolutely genuine, and what we do is completely legal.

Also, to clear it up once and for all, I thought up the Headsonic name before Headphonic was known to me, but admittedly possibly after Marcus created it. Headsonic sold direct to record artists and studios before selling to the public, and by the time I knew about Headphonic, Headsonic had gathered too much weight to stop and start again. The trademark office decided that we can co-exist, so co-exist we shall. Apparently he provides excellent service, so when people ask for headphones from an Australian distributor, I recommend Headphonic to them. Perhaps one day he'll do the same for me!
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DVasdekis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I'm 6 months late to the party, but I'm Dimitri Vasdekis, the director of Headsonic. Feel free to ask me me anything about my service or the products I sell, but I doubt I could give better advice on products than the collective wisdom of this site.

In regards to what was said above, all our headphones now ship from Brisbane, and the warranty process is also as simple as returning the pair to our Brisbane office, and we'll handle the rest. Our prices have gone up slightly since the above was posted (for instance, our AKG K701 now sells for $409), but these prices include express courier shipping, and since they come from Brisbane with all expenses paid, there's no chance of getting hit with any random customs inspection fees or tariffs, and with our headphones using a real-time tracking courier service, we're yet to lose a pair since shipping from Brisbane, which means less delays for our customers. Also, we're desperately trying to finalize our contract with Beyerdynamic USA, and the references to the DT880 are from when we sold Australian stock.

Thus, as you may have picked up on by now, our products are U.S. stock, which is why our prices are so low, but in terms of the customer experience we believe our service is identical to stores that sell Australian stock. Should you need warranty cover (and most headphones don't) we cover the costs of sending the headphone back to the USA for a repair, and, once repaired, sending it back to you. Regarding the turn-around times for this service, we found that when sending a headphone for repair locally, the repairer would have to send away internationally for parts regardless, making the differences in waiting time minor. All our products are absolutely genuine, and what we do is completely legal.

Also, to clear it up once and for all, I thought up the Headsonic name before Headphonic was known to me, but admittedly possibly after Marcus created it. Headsonic sold direct to record artists and studios before selling to the public, and by the time I knew about Headphonic, Headsonic had gathered too much weight to stop and start again. The trademark office decided that we can co-exist, so co-exist we shall. Apparently he provides excellent service, so when people ask for headphones from an Australian distributor, I recommend Headphonic to them. Perhaps one day he'll do the same for me!
wink.gif

that was a bit weird, reading this post whilst listening to k701's that i bought from you

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #23 of 28
If you're not restricted to only the Northern American shops, try Jaben Network
Based in Singapore and carries AKG as well as some other good stuff.

Apr 2, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that was a bit weird, reading this post whilst listening to k701's that i bought from you

When did you buy it, and how was the customer experience? Please be honest. I know I did have a few problems when we shipped directly from the USA to people's houses (10% loss rate at one stage), so hopefully it was at least reasonable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DVasdekis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did you buy it, and how was the customer experience? Please be honest. I know I did have a few problems when we shipped directly from the USA to people's houses (10% loss rate at one stage), so hopefully it was at least reasonable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Customer service was good, I only bought them a couple of weeks ago from you

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #28 of 28
aah, thread necromancy lives on !

That headsonic site is a crackup - everything even halfway decent has a 'sold out' icon next to it. Meanwhile, Marcus has continued to run a bricks-and-mortar store *and* a very polished online store : I know which site inspires more confidence in me as a prospective buyer. He even has stock of most of his headphones - go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back