Is there a budget audio interface suited for IEMs?
Mar 24, 2024 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Raehi

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've been looking into getting a new audio interface. Half the time I'm wearing IEMs and wanted my interface to have a low output impedance and zero noise when plugging them in.

I only run a XLR mic thorugh it so I wouldn't need many input ports, but I do need a monitoring mix knob. Unfortunately for these features, the cheapest I could find is a Motu M4, which is a bit pricey so I wanted to know if there are any better alternatives around. From what I gather the companies don't disclose the output impedance often so I'm a bit lost. Cheers

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 5
I guess it depends on what your definition of budget is? That said, with one XLR in and 0.5 Ohm output impedance, Apogee's Boom seems to have what you need?

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 5
I've had the Scarlett and they work well, but would get a used Scarlett interface and Topping L30 II which is affordable and the most quiet amplifier on the market. The 50mv test on ASR set a new record for it. I put 10ohm IEMs on it and was really amazed how silent the noise floor is on them. Used Scarlett solo on eBay with RCAs out and Topping l30 II is how I'd go.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 5
I've had the Scarlett and they work well, but would get a used Scarlett interface and Topping L30 II which is affordable and the most quiet amplifier on the market. The 50mv test on ASR set a new record for it. I put 10ohm IEMs on it and was really amazed how silent the noise floor is on them. Used Scarlett solo on eBay with RCAs out and Topping l30 II is how I'd go.
I debated using a separate amp but I'm not quite sure if it would work with the direct monitoring capabilities of the interface

Users who are viewing this thread

Back