is the ultra micro amp out of production?
Dec 31, 2009 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
I just noticed that the ultra micro amp page on your site is gone, and there is only the regular micro amp version available. is it out of production or something..? I was just curious.
it is too bad if it is true because I am listening right now to my ultra micro stack and amazed exactly like the first time I plugged a headphone to that amp.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by fnerron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be surprised as the ultra micro DAC page is still up and the ultra micro amp is still advertized as part of a package (see following link).

Must be a computer glitch. I guess they will resolve this next Monday.

Home & Office Packages| HeadRoom Audio

yes..I also noticed it, but I thought that they maybe removed the ultra micro amp page in purpose and just forgot (or were going to) remove the other package page and also keep selling the dac.

anyway..I guess you are probably right, at least i hope so. the ultra micro amp is really a great little amp and probably the best match for the ultra micro dac. I am so enjoying it that I really want others to discover it too.
smile.gif

EDIT: by the way,I saw other paged I couldn't find also ,like the crossfeed explanation page (the detailed one)

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes..I also noticed it, but I thought that they maybe removed the ultra micro amp page in purpose and just forgot (or were going to) remove the other package page and also keep selling the dac.

anyway..I guess you are probably right, at least i hope so. the ultra micro amp is really a great little amp and probably the best match for the ultra micro dac. I am so enjoying it that I really want others to discover it too.
smile.gif

EDIT: by the way,I saw other paged I couldn't find also ,like the crossfeed explanation page (the detailed one)

Odd that the Ultra Micro Amp is just not anywhere on the site. It's not even in the recommended components list.
confused.gif

As to the crossfeed explanation, are you referring to this page?

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Odd that the Ultra Micro Amp is just not anywhere on the site. It's not even in the recommended components list.
confused.gif

As to the crossfeed explanation, are you referring to this page?

there is a more detailed page with all the scientiffic explanation of the crossfeed deeply explained and analyzed. it is the sequel of the page you mentioned above (here is a quote from that page that says there is a more detailed page: " The sections in this area of our web site discuss some of the more technical aspects of headphone listening. If you’re a pretty scientific kind of person you’ll get a kick out of it; if you don’t have a thing for techno-babble, just buy one of our amps, turn the crossfeed on, and forget about it. You’ll enjoy it just the same".

, but it seems that all this links are gone somehow.
I was just curious since recentely I returned using the crossfeed in my ultra micro amp and was interested in reading that page again.

Jan 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 33
Hi Friends,

While it makes me a little sad to see them go, the Ultra Micro Amp has been discontinued.

The Ultra Micro DAC will also be discontinued once we run out of current stock.

The New Year also brings about a few other minor changes such as some price adjustments you will most likely notice soon.

Thanks for your concern. Let me know if you have any questions.

Much appreciated,
Jamey Warren

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #8 of 33
Crossfeed and related info is now here.

Thanks for pointing that out. We still have a few other links to fix but we do appreciate you letting us know when you see these things.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 33
frown.gif

it is sad to see the ultra micro stack go. really amazing little audio beasts.
so you are selling only the regular micro version? can I ask what is the reason for discontinuing the UM?
I also feel very lucky to have the ultra micro stack in my possesion, and now that it is a discontinued product it is much more priceless. too bad for those who want to enjoy the finest headroom electronics (opa627) with the smallest foot print (like a cup of coffee) ever existed.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

frown.gif

it is sad to see the ultra micro stack go. really amazing little audio beasts.
so you are selling only the regular micro version? can I ask what is the reason for discontinuing the UM?
I also feel very lucky to have the ultra micro stack in my possesion, and now that it is a discontinued product it is much more priceless. too bad for those who want to enjoy the finest headroom electronics (opa627) with the smallest foot print (like a cup of coffee) ever existed.

Hi plonter,

Thanks for your question. The main reason is that we sold a relatively small amount compared to the standard Micro Amp. We're also trying to be more efficient in our production to help improve availability. Having to keep these on the shelf takes resources away from the rest of the line which sells very well in comparison.

I too feel very lucky to have an Ultra Micro Stack stashed away for my enjoyment.

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamey Warren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi plonter,

Thanks for your question. The main reason is that we sold a relatively small amount compared to the standard Micro Amp. We're also trying to be more efficient in our production to help improve availability. Having to keep these on the shelf takes resources away from the rest of the line which sells very well in comparison.

I too feel very lucky to have an Ultra Micro Stack stashed away for my enjoyment.

thanks for the response jamey,I can understand headroom's side definitely.
anyway..just a remark for fun, have you think of keeping the ultra micro stack and dish the regular micros? maybe if people will not see the cheaper alternative they will go straight to the ultra version as a downstep from the high graded desktop models
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

just a thought...

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #12 of 33
The problem is that the Ultra Micro Stack is not much cheaper than the desktop unit. The only reason why I went for an Ultra Micro Stack was because I wanted the smaller footprint. It would appear that most who wish for Ultra Micro Sound performance are willing to go the extra and get the more functional desktop unit. I'll be keeping my units for sentimental reasons.
smily_headphones1.gif
Not to mention that it makes for great sound in a discrete package (great for my office at work!!)

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

thanks for the response jamey,I can understand headroom's side definitely.
anyway..just a remark for fun, have you think of keeping the ultra micro stack and dish the regular micros? maybe if people will not see the cheaper alternative they will go straight to the ultra version as a downstep from the high graded desktop models
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

just a thought...

Ah, but the Micros suit people more on a budget ($660 + shipping) vs. the Ultra Micros, which were something like $1080 + shipping. That's $440, not pocket change, and I'm willing to bet by doing what you're suggesting they'd lose a lot of potential sales.

Since the Ultra Desktop is only like $400 more than the Ultra Micros, most people buying at that price point would probably be willing to pay the difference for a more flexible unit.

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since the Ultra Desktop is only like $400 more than the Ultra Micros, most people buying at that price point would probably be willing to pay the difference for a more flexible unit.

... and a 1/4" plug. I grew tired of using an adaptor for the 1/8" plug on the micro unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back