Is the Senn MX 400 better than ibuds? I think I made a boo boo...
Jan 26, 2008 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wrecked_porsche

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, I got a few quick questions. But first a little background:

I have a cousin and his birthday is today, and I'll be going to his birthday party in a couple of hours. His wife will be giving him the latest gen ipod nano as a birthday gift.

I went to the mall just now and was looking for the KSC75 for him to use with his ipod. He would be using the ipod on the bus, while on the way to work.
However the KSC75s were sold out, they didn't have much choices left there, there were some Sony Clip Ons, some cheap Philips and some other crappy stuff around. They also had the Senn MX 400. I bought that since there are no KSC75s to be found.

Now my question is, based on SQ alone, are the MX 400 buds better than the latest gen ipod nano ibuds? After reading a few threads here, I think the answer is NO. I think I made a boo boo.... Oh noes...
frown.gif

He listens to Chill Out music such as Buddha bar, is not an audiophile, and he an his spouse care about brand and image...

The sony clip ons were more expensive, but the salesman told me they were crap, "3 stars" were his exact words. Oh and he knew about the Senn Orpheus too.
tongue.gif

Then he said Senn was a 5 star brand as well as BOSE.
rolleyes.gif
crap...
I'm starting to believe I should have just got the Sonys? At least they looked waay better.... Oh noes, oh noes!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Pls help. My cousin's party is in a couple of hours... Will he notice an improvement in SQ when compared to the ibuds? Or will it be worse?!
eek.gif

I'm rather depressed now.
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 8
No, MX400 really isn't an update from the current iBud. In fact, they should sound very close to each other. They are both OEM'ed by Foster Japan: same transducer, different housing.

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 8
I believe MX550 uses another transducer series (even though they are from the same factory). Also, the older iBud isn't using the same MX400 transducer. Only those after 2005 (but I donno the which model) start using MX400 transducer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back