Is the RX MK2 powerful enough to drive Audeze LCD-2 headphones to satisfaction?
Mar 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vince321

New Head-Fier
I am quite sure there are portable amps that will drive the LCD-2, but finding opinions on the performance has been difficult.

If anyone has experience and could comment on potential sound quality as compared to a desktop amp, that would be great. My intent is to find a setup that gets me close to perfection and still allows some portability.

I listen to headphones in my bedroom, office, living room and study. Having a portable system would be much more financialy smart than purchasing four or five seperate desktop systems.

My idea is the RX MK2 and CypherLabs Solo with LCD-2 headphones.

I dont want to spend 1200 bucks on this system only to be dissapointed.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Mar 29, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 3
Vince321
Hi, I was using the RX2 with the LCD2 without the solo and it was driving it no problem. I felt when I added in the Solo I even gained a little more headroom. I listen fairly loud unfortunately for my ears :) but I think you will find it does an outstanding job. The setup you are thinking of is what I use. If you have any questions you are welcome to PM me. I love the RX2 / Solo / LCD2 combo. Think it is the best out there. So may consider it a bit big to be portable but I get a quick out the stares.
M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back