Is the Orpheus really all that?
May 23, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #31 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
The type of user who desires "car audio" bass is not going to consider spending $10,000 to $15,000 (depending upon going rate) for "just" a headphone system - so therefore that "requirement" was not anywhere near to be found to the prerequisite of the design.

Ever heard of cash money millionaires?

You never seen people spend $50,000 on rims?
$10,000-$15,000 for headphones is chump change (to a significant # of people who like car audio bass)

May 23, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #32 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
Ever heard of cash money millionaires?

You never seen people spend $50,000 on rims?
$10,000-$15,000 for headphones is chump change

But they wouldn't spend $10-15k on headphones because they don't actually want good headphones.

They want gold rims, non-functional spoilers, blue underlighting and a subwoofer that puts out more power than the average pulsar.

May 23, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #33 of 130
You guys are having a debate about the merits of car stereo systems? ...sorry, gotta go... Jerry Springer's about to start...

May 23, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #34 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
But they wouldn't spend $10-15k on headphones because they don't actually want good headphones.

They want gold rims, non-functional spoilers, blue underlighting and a subwoofer that puts out more power than the average pulsar.

They want platnium eyebrows too

The very fact that the Orpheus doesn't output car audio bass makes it not a viable purchase for them

Had the Orpheus been a subwoofer on your head? I guarentee you the Cash Money Millionaires would have had it encrusted with diamonds and fashionable displayed on some ho in a music video.

May 23, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #35 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore
You guys are having a debate about the merits of car stereo systems? ...sorry, gotta go... Jerry Springer's about to start...

My wife left me for my brother because he had a better car audio system.

May 23, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #36 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
You show me one other member who can afford and would legitimately write off the Orpheus because it can't perform car audio bass.

CookieFactory, last time I talked with him we talked about this
He had $20,000 for a new audio system

Orpheus was on his list, but after finding out it can't do car audio bass... well it's an "incomplete" headphone
Just not versatile

May 23, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #37 of 130
Quote:

They want platnium eyebrows too

The very fact that the Orpheus doesn't output car audio bass makes it not a viable purchase for them

Had the Orpheus been a subwoofer on your head? I guarentee you the Cash Money Millionaires would have had it encrusted with diamonds and fashionable displayed on some ho in a music video.

Well, then would it be discussed on another forum where you would post meaningless junk that would actually be appreciated, right?

Damn, I sure wish the Orpheus WAS a subwoofer in that case.

May 23, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #39 of 130
Quote:

CookieFactory, last time I talked with him we talked about this
He had $20,000 for a new audio system

Orpheus was on his list, but after finding out it can't do car audio bass... well it's an "incomplete" headphone
Just not versatile

I can't believe how absurdly silly, calling the Orph "incomplete" without even hearing it. I can't believe how absurdly silly you must be, not realizing how absurdly silly you sound.

But then, you aren't very good at determining anything sound related, are you?

May 23, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #40 of 130
Quote:

Multiple orpheus owners have commented that the Orpheus cannot obtain car audio bass.

Quote:

but after finding out it can't do car audio bass... well it's an "incomplete" headphone
Just not versatile

1148397529_rabbit_pancake.jpg

May 23, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #41 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I can't believe how absurdly silly, calling the Orph "incomplete" without even hearing it. I can't believe how absurdly silly you must be, not realizing how absurdly silly you sound.

But then, you aren't very good at determining anything sound related, are you?

I consider a complete headphone to be able to reproduce *ALL* kinds of music with utmost transparency.
Can the Orpheus reproduce car audio bass? No? Heck, electrostats are known to have bass that is not nearly as impactful as dynamic drivers.
It is an incomplete headphone.

May 23, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #42 of 130
Quote:

I consider a complete headphone to be able to reproduce *ALL* kinds of music with utmost transparency.
Can the Orpheus reproduce car audio bass? No? Heck, electrostats are known to have bass that is not nearly as impactful as dynamic drivers.

Since car audio bass is kind of "faulty" to begin with, being whobbly and inaccurate, I fail to see why a high-end audio device should be able to reproduce something like that.

May 23, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #43 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Since car audio bass is kind of "faulty" to begin with, being whobbly and inaccurate, I fail to see why a high-end audio device should be able to reproduce something like that.

If you've only heard cheap/low-end car audio subwoofers(what's usually out there in the streets) then yes you can come to this conclusion

High end subs are not whobbly or inaccurate

High end car audio systems can cost more than an exotic car
Problem is, not too many people have access to the *truely* high end car audio systems

We're talking about potentially multi-million dollar audio systems here

May 23, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #44 of 130
Quote:

There is no point in arguing with you anymore. You simply do not posess the ears necessary to determine the sound of various headphones. Your tastes are far from the Head-Fi norm, despite the fact that you seem to think you're sticking up for some sort of "car audio" little guy. The Orpheus was not made for you, and it brings me great pleasure to realize that no headphone will ever be made for you. Bose is probably as close as you'll ever get to your disgusting ideal.

May 23, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #45 of 130
The K1k's are worthy, especially if you already have an Amp which can drive along with your speakers.

Next to the Qualia 010 the K1K's are in top tier which I still desire. If $ was less of a concern both would be in my possession, but there are other investment tradeoffs, albums, CD`s, concerts, sources, etc... which have postponed my aquisition, though still desire. The bass was modest weakness, which most headphones seem to exhibit but there are trade-off's everywhere. For the $ the K1K's are dollar for dollar a solid performer.

I do not own a car but would hope those who are driving would go easy on the audio, ya know concentrate on the road! If you are parked no problem jam away, but why a discussion for a headphone forum? Find your way!

-tk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back