Is the odac+o2 combo portable?
Sep 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

akong

Head-Fier
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't been able to find a straight answer anywhere. Does the odac+o2 DAC/amp combo run off batteries, which means I can take it with me on the go and use it with my phone, or does it require an AC power source? Also, how big is it? Will I be able to carry it around with me without too much in convenience?

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes. It runs off batteries.

No. It is not portable in the sense that you would want to use it while walking around with your phone. Too big. 108.50 x 80.00 x 29.50 mm dimensions (draw it out so you can see). So portable in the sense of someone wanting to use it with their laptop on the go.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't been able to find a straight answer anywhere. Does the odac+o2 DAC/amp combo run off batteries, which means I can take it with me on the go and use it with my phone, or does it require an AC power source? Also, how big is it? Will I be able to carry it around with me without too much in convenience?

Thanks!

It's not portable unless your a moron [like my self] who walks around with 20lbs of crap on your shoulders [I have a large bag I keep all my gear in]

That said, the oDac is really used with a Computer, so you'd really only need the O2 since the best way to listen to music on the go is through a PMP or DAP [like an iPod]

Now again if your a MORON like my self and your programming a PC and require hifi audio and 8 bit Computer Rantings [Need to hear them programs screaming at me[ You'd need a portable dac as well

The O2 runs off batteries yes, the oDac runs off power from the USB 

Lastly, if you need a nice dac, try getting the Hifiman HM 602, it's a portable music player AND a computer Dac, using the Hm 601 and the O2 as an amp, should give you a very nice combo 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back