Is the importance of a DAC exaggerated? Just got a Mojo, and it sounds... sterile.
Feb 16, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #16 of 16
For those curious, I got the ifi BL in yesterday, waited to mail back the Mojo 'til I'd tried them out side-by-side.

Using the bass boost and 3D switches on the ifi was basically not optional, but once applied they dramatically improved the sound. I'd say the Mojo had a slightly better sound stage and lower noise floor, but the fatigue I experienced as a result of piercing treble made it a poor match for the LCD-XC without any real debate between the two. It's nice to hear some real bass flowing through these things. I guess I'm a basshead. Good to know. The interesting thing is that the 3D switch boosts treble too much on many headphones in the reports I read, yet I've not had any trouble here, so it really proves the Mojo wasn't working for the XC's in that regard.

Now that I've dropped the Mojo in the mail, I am seriously considering trying out another option while I'm still in the return window for the ifi... Dangerous hobby indeed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back