Is the ICAN Pro my end game?
Jun 23, 2018 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

el tri head

New Head-Fier
Do you buy a system, think it's the end of the line and throw out the boxes, only to find a year later there's something better?
I've been using my ICAN PRO for a month now, and it's still bliss. I've got it with a HOLO Spring Deck and an Aurender N100H server. Other than being chained to my iPad for the Aurender, it's so far a perfect set up. I use it with Ether Flow C's, which I'm also extremely happy with.
But I've learned not to throw out the original boxes..knowing that maybe in a year, something else will come along. But I hope not!

My room system has lasted two decades with a Creek Amp and AR-M5 speakers, but it's secondary to the headphone setup. I have a 2 year old. Kid that is.

What systems did you think were your endgames that ended up getting replaced? And what was the best way to sell them? I did an eBay binge this month, moving out a bunch of stuff I loved, including an Onkyo portable and a Questyle 400i.

Tell me your end game that wasn't story.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 2
Moral of the story: There is always something better.

For me, the only story I had like this was with the ZMF Blackwood as a "portable" headphone. Thought it'd be the one because it sounds so good and is fully closed, but then I got a ZMF Ori and it turns out I don't need fully closed (85% closed of the Ori is enough), and the Ori sounds better because of that 15% openness.

For headphone amps, I haven't had something like this yet, but right now I have declared that I will never replace my Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar amp. However, I would buy a Super Symmetry Dynahi to accompany it, not to outright replace it I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back