Is the Grado mini adapter really worth the money?
Jan 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

audifanatic518

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a pair of Grado SR125i's and currently have an el-cheapo 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that the guy at the store gave me for free. The problem with that is that the adapter places extra strain on the mini-jack on my phone and degrades the sound quality considerably (plus it's quite annoying to carry around in my pocket when the adapter plus the headphone jack adds another 3 or 4 inches in height to my phone). So I have to get an actual cable adapter. I saw Grado sells one for $15 dollars. Is that really worth the money or will this guy do just fine (see below link)? I just don't want any loss in sound quality.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/134162-REG/Comprehensive_SP_2CS_SP_2CS_Male_Stereo_Mini.html

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd get the one you linked. Good price.

Unless it places enough stress on jack to break the connection in some positions, you won't get any degradation in sound quality.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 4
The one you linked should be just fine. Frankly, it would be hard to make a decent one yourself for that price unless you already had pieces in stock on hand. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back