Is the GR07 good for this certain type of bass?
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AudioSki

New Head-Fier
       Hi guys, I need some help on some IEMs. I have been looking at getting either the GR07 or the Monster Turbines. I am a slight basshead and by that I mean I love bass but still really enjoy all the other parts. I don't know how to identify different types of bass so I am going to post a song that has the type of bass that i'm talking about. It starts at 30 seconds. I was also wondering if maybe the Turbines were better for this?

http://youtu.be/yns-cK3E1O0

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 9
The turbines sound smoother to my ears but at the cost of lower SQ overall. Are you talking about regular Monster Turbine, or coppers or golds? Because having owned GR07 and standard Turbines GR07 Vsonic leave them for dust in almost every area except bass quantity, which can sound bloated and over done. Turbines enhanced low end isn't free from bass bleed either into mid range areas. The bass quality in GR07 is far beyond anything turbines can achieve as are it's mids and highs, even if it does sound smoother GR07 are the pick without question in my view.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #3 of 9
Is there bass impact with the GR07? Not only do I want to hear it, but I want to feel it too. Also, do you know anything about the Shure se215? What about the Klipsch x10?

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 9
If you want to hear the bass...and feel it, the GR07s are not for you unless you have an amp or an mp3 player with a good EQ (like a Cowon J3/S9).  Coming straight from an iPhone or an iPod, they are a little bass light and not for the type of bass you feel...unless, like I said, they are amped.  They can certainly produce some thumping bass, but it's not their general sound signature.  Pair them with a Fiio E11 or similar and they can pound pretty good tho.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 9
Depends on your source how much bass impact GR07 will have, what source are you using? I haven't heard the SE215. But I've owned the X10, they have a decent low end. If you want sub-bass you can feel I suggest Atrio M5 MG7, or Yamaha EPH-100 with Atrio being the biggest bass of the two.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 9
(I'm on my phone so I don't think I can edit a post)

I am looking for the type of bass that would be in electronic music and hip hop. I also really like thumpy bass that a bass drum in a rock song. If I use the bass booster on the clip zip and I get an e6, will the gr07 produce a decent amount of bass?

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 9
The GR07 offers great bass punch but it depend on you previous IEMs experience and how much bass you want from IEMs like Denon C300 offers strong punchy bass which is greater in amount than UE 5EB and Sennheiser IE8. The other IEMs like JVC FX700 also has great deep reverbing punchy bass and they all are very crisp clear sounding IEMs.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
(I'm on my phone so I don't think I can edit a post)
I am looking for the type of bass that would be in electronic music and hip hop. I also really like thumpy bass that a bass drum in a rock song. If I use the bass booster on the clip zip and I get an e6, will the gr07 produce a decent amount of bass?

Yes, adding even a small amp like the e6 can't significantly improve the quantity of bass in the GR07.  That's a decent plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back