Is the DE905 really THAT good?
May 14, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #16 of 20
I should add here, seeing that myself and purk seem to always differ on opinions on this player...

...I personally myself prefer a slightly warmer tonal balance than what the E905 offers... Yes, I can hear its good traits as I hope my review showed... but I personally find it a little fatuiging for long term listening...

...Then again... now that I'm really into Grados... that opinion may change
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2003 at 8:23 AM Post #17 of 20
Duncan,

Well, our opinions only differ in D-777 and D-E905....
smily_headphones1.gif
Plus, we only disagree interms of the headphone out, right? In additional to that, both of us have different pair of cans. And, CD3000 and A100ti sound great on my D-E905...that's why I report. So my impression is valid based on that system.

Purk

May 14, 2003 at 11:06 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Tina,
That is a lovely earbuds. How's the performance comparing to the E888, or higher end earbuds? Love the look of the D-E905. The most beautiful player in my opinion. Very classy and very elegance. The blue marble finished is a jaw-dropper.

hi purk. these buds are the Cresyn lmx-e700. to my ears, they are a much better pair than the e888's. highs are identical but the mids are more cleaner on the cresyn and the bass has deeper response especially on the mid-lows. at last there's something that can be available that could better the e888's. but i'm afraid the cresyn is way behind the e484 or the aiwa v99. at least it's not rare.

back on track: i agree with purk that the e900/cd3k combo is excellent. a synergy that i never thought could work unamped.

headphone-out: on fatigue, Duncan, i found out that the e900's bass boost increases the highs as well. so i suggest to avoid pairing this unit with bright and analytical phones like the eggos when using the bass boost (unless you have an amp that could bring out the darker side of your phones). but analytical and bright phones with the e900 at flat eq is quite clear and crispy on it's own without much problems when used for an extended period. try this with the grados (check that soundstage
eek.gif
).

line-out: i've also observed, using the er4s, that the line-out of the e900 is as neutral as the line-out of the d303. so fatigue is really not in the course of this unit but it would be the phone synergy used.

May 14, 2003 at 4:47 PM Post #20 of 20
D-Ej915,

D-E905/900 has 9 mw x2 amp.

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back