is that normal ? (distortion)
Nov 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dodawasthere

New Head-Fier
hey there

i bought my self dba-02 as they are famous here , i just plug it in my ipad 2 and when the volume at the maximum they have some kind of distortion  that like sound of plastic bags been rubbing 

i tried my sister qjays and they are the same , is there something wrong with both IEM or its normal to have some kind of that distortion if the  volume is high   and must not go that high with the volume 
( i tried many diff songs and records on the ipad )

thanx 

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Why would you listen to music that loudly? DBAs isolate very well and you shouldn't need to turn the volume up that high. There probably isn't enough headroom on them to handle such high volume. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Why would you listen to music that loudly? DBAs isolate very well and you shouldn't need to turn the volume up that high. There probably isn't enough headroom on them to handle such high volume. 

It's definitely not very good for your ears.. I've never tried because my ears can't take more than ~70% volume (depending on earphone), but I don't think they're meant to be listened to at that volume so yes they may start to sound a little distorted.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6
You're clipping the internal amp. Clipping is where your headphones demand more power than the amp can deliver.

You'll need to buy an external amp with more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back