Is TF10 really good for Prog Rock/Metal ?
Dec 18, 2010 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MisterGrouik

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone !

Is the IEM Triplefi 10 sounds good for musics like prog rock (Porcupine Tree, Transatlantic, King Crimson...) and Metal as well ?

Is there a better IEM for this kind of music in this price range ?

Thanks guys !

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 6
I think the Triple-Fi 10's are great for rock and metal. I listen to a lot of stuff like Porcupine Tree, Rush etc, and the tight low end and crisp top end is perfect for this kind of stuff, and the incredible detail and tightness of the triple balanced amature design helps with complex music such as prog rock.
I would also recommend custom sleeves such as the ACS custom silicon tips, as they improve the sound no-end over the standard tips, as the TF-10's are not the best for fitment.
Overall, the UE TF-10's are amazing in ears for a reasonable price, and they are my earphone of choice as someone who was a professional sound engineer for over 15 years! 

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 6
Hey MisterGrouik,

I can confirm what Soundmangt4 has written. Before I made the jump on my full custom JH Audio 16 Pro I used the UE Triple.Fi's for nearly 3 years. For me the fit with the silicon sleeves included was good enough but I did purchase some Comply Foam Eartips for them. Though they made insertion a difficult skill to master they also provided better isolation and therefore better base sound. Of course this always depends on how much base one likes in his music.

I also listen to a lot of Folk and Progressive Metal like Tool, Opeth, Porcupine Tree and Amorphis.
The Triple.Fi's seemed perfect for the task because the base response was powerful enough to display the double bass well enough, but not to much to cast a shadow over all the other frequencies. Especially the somewhat colder, analytical mid range, brought out the right atmosphere in all guitar heavy songs.

Hopefully this has been helpful to you. I can only tell you from my experience that it was a choice I did not regret back then and even now that I have my custom and I only here minor improvements showed to me, how well those Triple.Fi's are actually designed.

Best Regards

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Wonderful 
bigsmile_face.gif

I think I've found a seller on amazon.com for only 136€... just made my day !

Thank you both again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back