is something wrong with my headphones or is it just the track
Nov 18, 2012 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EinZweiDrei

500+ Head-Fier
a friend linked me a song he really liked on youtube and there seems to be something wrong with the vocals.
on this track i notice how the vocals sound a bit weird.
theres this annoying sound thats in the vocals.
not sure if its nasal, sibilance or clipping. or maybe theres something wrong with my equipment.
can sum1 help me confirm this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EqW0-vEzU

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
a friend linked me a song he really liked on youtube and there seems to be something wrong with the vocals.
on this track i notice how the vocals sound a bit weird.
theres this annoying sound thats in the vocals.
not sure if its nasal, sibilance or clipping. or maybe theres something wrong with my equipment.
can sum1 help me confirm this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EqW0-vEzU

It's a horribly hissy, zingy, compressed to hell and back track due to the massive compression and very low bit rate. Find the same track available in HD on you tube and your issue will be gone.

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

It's a horribly hissy, zingy, compressed to hell and back track due to the massive compression and very low bit rate. Find the same track available in HD on you tube and your issue will be gone.

Very best,

thank you very much for comfirming this. i thought my phones were damaged without me knowing. i tried some low tones on audacity and theres no buzzing sound even at higher volumes than i normally listen to so i didnt know what was wrong.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
thank you very much for comfirming this. i thought my phones were damaged without me knowing. i tried some low tones on audacity and theres no buzzing sound even at higher volumes than i normally listen to so i didnt know what was wrong.

Always pay attention to the source material before worrying that a headphone has something wrong with it. And also check all connections, it's amazing how a single loose adapter or wiggly jack can cause so much noisy and problems.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back