Is Shoreline Music a safe place to buy things from?
Jan 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TheChosen0ne

100+ Head-Fier
Never heard of that place before and just curious if its safe to use

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 9
I ordered my HRT DAC from them just before Christmas and the customer service was excellent.  I sent them at least 3 emails regarding the shipping status (I was anxious) and they responded promptly each time, including late Friday afternoon just before Christmas which I really wasn't expecting.  I would definitely order from them again.  Best of luck.

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
A simple search on Google found them on the unauthorized dealer list from Sennheiser.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/nonauthorized

ok that is enough for me to not buy there thanks

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 9
I can only speak for myself regarding the experience of purchasing from Shorelinemusic. Others may have a slightly different experience but I can't comment on those as I do not know the full accounts of their interactions with the company. My own experience has been very positive. Recently I purchased two items form the "closeout" dept. - a Fostex HP P1 DAC/amp and an Arcam rCube portable iPod speaker system. Both items were priced reasonably. Items from the closeout dept. could be brand new overstock units, discontinued items (either from the manufacturer or from Shorelinemusic), or open-box merchandize. They were sold as "as-is" meaning they do not carry the manufacturers' warranty. This is cleary stated on their website. I was fully aware that there may be some risk involved with this kind of purchase. However, the prices were too good to resist! In any case, anything they sell are thoroughly tested and meant to be in fine working order. Having confirmed my order it was promptly sent. But due to the Christmas season my items arrived several days late. That was not a problem but the real problem was that one of the items - the Fostex - was defective. I immediately contacted John and after having explained the problem to him he himself suggested sending me a replacement. As they do not have another "closeout" Fostex he decided to send me a brand new one as replacement for no additional charge! As for the defective unit I was to return it when I had received the return label - I did not have to incur any shipping charges at all. As for the Arcam - it works beautifully and it was actually in pristine condition when I received it. Based on this experience of purchasing from Shorelinemusic I am a very satisfied customer. All my emails were responded to promptly.They have earned my confidence. Everyone knows that buying from the internet incurs a bit of risk. In this case I was treated as every customer buying from the net should be treated - with respect and fairness.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 9
Purchasing online can be a real mine field. It normally works out fine.
I did my research. I even asked Audeze. Then I made my $2000 purchase.
Then everything fell apart when the product arrived damaged.
My new motto ... buy local if it's possible ... even if it costs a bit more

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 9
I've ordered twice from Shoreline over the past year.

Both items were shipped promptly and in excellent condition when they arrived.

The items I bought were both sold as open box but they appeared to be brand new.

Their open box and closeout items are typically priced very well.

As for internet shopping, I rarely buy any audio gear from a brick and mortar store. Almost always buy online. Lots of excellent products are only available online.

That said, if you aren't familar with a merchant it pays to check them out.

I was a little apprehensive with my first order from Shoreline because I was unfamiliar with them.  I have no concerns dealing with them now.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 9
I bought AudioEngine D1 DAC from Shoreline, which arrived defective; it was an "Open box" item however, To their credit, they replaced the DAC with a working unit. I can safely recommend Shoreline, they seem to be a decent place to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back