Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
May 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #166 of 467
Anyone know if Clip+ is better than a SGS?? Cant find and comparisson anywhere :frowning2: 

Thanks all 

May 10, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #167 of 467
I heard the stock SGS and hated it. Have the SGS2 and hate it. Clip+ beats the crap out of both IMO. 

I'm not sure about Voodoo-ed SGS though. 

Be wary of its sound signature though. It seems flat. Like really flat. The highs can be a little fatiguing at times.

May 10, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #168 of 467
I havent heard the SGS2, but just prefer dedicated music player.
The test is given here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4686/samsung-galaxy-s-2-international-review-the-best-redefined/13
The output impedance is too high.
Considering this, I'd say the Sansa is better.

May 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #169 of 467
Quote:
The test is given here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4686/samsung-galaxy-s-2-international-review-the-best-redefined/13

What is the output impedance of sansa clip, would it affect negatively the ksc75 (60 ohm impedance) ?
I found that the ksc75 work better out of a xonar stx, or even the cowon player.
However I switched to the senn pmx680i which was more satisfying on the sansa clip.

May 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #170 of 467
Quote:
I heard the stock SGS and hated it. Have the SGS2 and hate it. Clip+ beats the crap out of both IMO. 

I'm not sure about Voodoo-ed SGS though. 

Be wary of its sound signature though. It seems flat. Like really flat. The highs can be a little fatiguing at times.

I have read the Voodo app significantly improves the SQ of the SGS
Quote:

Oh Ihave the SGS2 and its crap indeed (crap Yamaha DAC)...I was talking about the original Samsung Galaxy which uses a higher quality Wolfson DAC which the Voodo app fully takes advantage of

May 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #171 of 467
Quote:
What is the output impedance of sansa clip, would it affect negatively the ksc75 (60 ohm impedance) ?
I found that the ksc75 work better out of a xonar stx, or even the cowon player.
However I switched to the senn pmx680i which was more satisfying on the sansa clip.

Output impedance of the Sansa clip+ is 1 Ohm, probably the best among media players, and the lower it is, the better.
The Xonar STX is a pretty good card.

May 15, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #172 of 467
I got my Sansa Clip+ 8gb today and ok yes I am impressed with attacking open sound but I dont think it will sound better than more expensive products. However plugging it into my audiolab setup WOOOOHOOO sounds better than my Rio Carbon did or my beloved but stolen Sony A829 which were allot more expensive and the Rio beats the Sony hands down. Theres something about this little piece of magic I am loving more and more.

Question: Would you recommend installing rock box or not as I am finding the EQ restrictive. Using these with a pair of Sony MDR-828 headphones which came with the Sony A829 which are exceptional headphones considering their level of detail. Never used the headphones until now as I thought they were crap but they need allot of running in

May 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #175 of 467
On the sansa I use senn pmx680 (in fact pmx680i, wrong volume control , it's for ipod).
I prefer it to the koss ksc75, it's for jogging only (not looking for something very detailled, just enough bass).

May 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #179 of 467
(english) When I purchased mine I didn't got impressed at all, something lacking in dynamic, a punchier drum... So I decided give to rockbox a try and I must say I'm happier with my Clip+ now. Perhaps I don't care only about Hi-Fi, but Hi-Fun-factor, so (for me) the SQ got much enjoyable and non-robotic as someone said. A mixed of Classic and eDen themes provided me a cleaner and nicer way to navigate also. I'm not sure if I could get better.

(portuguese) Quando eu comprei meu Sansa, não fiquei impressionado de imediato, algo faltava na dinâmica, um bumbo mais pulsante... Então eu decidi dar ao Rockbox uma tentativa e devo dizer que estou mais feliz com o meu Clip+ agora. Talvez eu não me importe apenas com a questão Hi-Fi, mas sim o "Hi-Fun-fator"; logo, para mim, a SQ ficou muito mais agradável e não-robótica como alguém disse. Um misto dos temas Clássico eDen me proporcionou uma forma mais limpa e agradável de navegar também. Eu não tenho mais certeza se há algo de melhor do estilo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back