Is Noble Audio worth the money?
Feb 24, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 8
I've had the Encore and Tux5 in the past. Whilst the prices of IEMs can be levelled at any higher end manufacturer, I felt aggrieved at the cost of these compared to what I got from them, sound wise. The custom stuff are works of art but I feel that is what you are paying for, really.

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 8
Well, I have had the Noble Audio Encore for years and years, since 2018! As a universal IEM it fits just OK. There have been better fitting IEMs. But I just make it work. Long story short I have thousands and thousands of hours on it, more than any other IEM in my collection. Probably close to 3200 hours on it, or more?

I love it.

Though if I listen to something else and come back to it it does take a few moments to get used to it. It plays all genres really well, but maybe not a master of any one thing? Super fast hidden bass, which pops out at the best of times. The midrange is flat but because of the lower midrange dip........it gets midrange attention. I really look at it as a midrange IEM in whole. The treble is super spacious and takes focus as being spread out and full of great involvement. The treble is both relaxed but slightly bright, with lots of information there. It’s a W signature that’s not for everyone but for those who get used to it, it’s a blast! Great guitar tone that is warm, crunchy and rocks. It sounds big yet not the biggest, still the soundstage is totally fun!

Some folks just don’t get what it’s doing, as it has personality! But there are actually a lot of people who really like it. I liked it better than the Katana and Khan. It’s more V shaped than the Katana, and doesn’t have the midrange peak of the Khan. I paid full retail at $1850.00. Still it’s worth it to me. They never go on sale, so that’s a good question if they are worth that now? I will never let mine go.

As far as sounding fake, they can....a little.....but the goal is to listen to them a lot and that gets forgotten. The non-true-to-life-ness is maybe a component, still yes, there are more natural sounding IEMs. Still you get used to what they do and start to buy in to the illusion, somehow!

2DA5A182-5D05-4DB7-BB28-C29125F5B739.png

That upper peak is there, but not as noticeable as you would guess by seeing the graph.....but it’s there. Lol

Still the upper area is diffuse.....somewhat.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Well, I have had the Noble Audio Encore for years and years, since 2018! As a universal IEM it fits just OK. There have been better fitting IEMs. But I just make it work. Long story short I have thousands and thousands of hours on it, more than any other IEM in my collection. Probably close to 3200 hours on it, or more?

I love it.

Though if I listen to something else and come back to it it does take a few moments to get used to it. It plays all genres really well, but maybe not a master of any one thing? Super fast hidden bass, which pops out at the best of times. The midrange is flat but because of the lower midrange dip........it gets midrange attention. I really look at it as a midrange IEM in whole. The treble is super spacious and takes focus as being spread out and full of great involvement. The treble is both relaxed but slightly bright, with lots of information there. It’s a W signature that’s not for everyone but for those who get used to it, it’s a blast! Great guitar tone that is warm, crunchy and rocks. It sounds big yet not the biggest, still the soundstage is totally fun!

Some folks just don’t get what it’s doing, as it has personality! But there are actually a lot of people who really like it. I liked it better than the Katana and Khan. It’s more V shaped than the Katana, and doesn’t have the midrange peak of the Khan. I paid full retail at $1850.00. Still it’s worth it to me. They never go on sale, so that’s a good question if they are worth that now? I will never let mine go.

As far as sounding fake, they can....a little.....but the goal is to listen to them a lot and that gets forgotten. The non-true-to-life-ness is maybe a component, still yes, there are more natural sounding IEMs. Still you get used to what they do and start to buy in to the illusion, somehow!

That upper peak is there, but not as noticeable as you would guess by seeing the graph.....but it’s there. Lol

I love it.

2DA5A182-5D05-4DB7-BB28-C29125F5B739.png

I'm sick of conventional v-shaped sound. I want mid-range up.

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, well you probably remember the Encore! It never gets old!

Feb 24, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #8 of 8
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back