I can't place my finger on it, but,
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to be a troll

and
Quote:

but 360 FTW!!!!!

don't go quite well together.
Speaking of 360, my roommate's just got the "Red Ring of Death." He would have went to PS3 if the seller did a refund instead of an exchange.

May 27, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #80 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't place my finger on it, but,

and

don't go quite well together.
Speaking of 360, my roommate's just got the "Red Ring of Death." He would have went to PS3 if the seller did a refund instead of an exchange.

Yes RROD is a major flaw. I've been safe so far (1 year), and I have a friend that's been problem-free for 3 years, but another that has had his 360 RROD-d 4 times now.

May 27, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #81 of 91
If your a FPS gamer or a gamer with a lot of online friends, then 360.

If you have a lot of visitors to your house, then the Wii. The Wii is nice for parties. Wii can also be modded like the 360. So either way there is a chance to save money, but if your having people over a lot the Wii might be better.

May 28, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #83 of 91
I bought one thinking my family would love it, it never really caught on...I've had it in storage since.

Although it really is a great party console, there's a card snatching game that is lots of fun, can't remember the name...

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #84 of 91
I really enjoyed Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros Brawl. I have a handful of other games I found fun but they escape me at the moment. The party games really can be fun in a group but my friends live too far away to play party games on it that often.

That said, both my Wii and PS3 are collecting dust. I didn't bother to get a 360 since I already have a superior PC, which is what I game on about 99.99999999% of the time. The Wii and PS3 are a temporary diversion that I pull out on the rare occasion. Is the Wii worth buying? Yeah, you'll probably enjoy it. You can always resell it when you get bored with it. I think Nintendo is screwing up by not releasing more games aimed at... GAMERS but whatever.

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #85 of 91
my wife just bought one a few months ago...and we still play it alot...along with our xbox and ps3...certain games for each console....if u got cash to burn...its coo...just buy a used one...peace

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #86 of 91
If you have friends over a lot, then it's really fun to play the Wii. However, considering you already have a PS3, then you won't find much to interest you. Metroid and Mario is about it. The Wii will bring you and your partner a lot closer together, as you will spend a lot more time together playing Wii Fit and Wii Sports, but you yourself probably won't find much interesting.

Plus, did you see the new motion sensing controller announced by Sony? Looks FAR superior to what's on the Wii. The only issue is the Spring 2010 release date.

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #87 of 91
Good:
Unique controlling method
Looks (kinda) nice
Lots of re-made classic Nintendo games
Bad:
What kind of graphics is that?!
Controllers can hit something or fly away if not secured properly
No Blu-Ray discs (seems like it)

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #88 of 91
i waited the day of launch 13 hours for it, camped over night, first time i did it for anything. I'd say since that day ive played maybe 10 hours total. for me it was a waste. I just cant stand the crappy graphics and bad control sensitivity

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #89 of 91
Picked up Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis yesterday. I got Tiger Woods bundled with the motion plus. I haven't played any of the previous Tiger games, so I can't compare but I really enjoy this version. Took me while to figure out the training since I'm left-handed. Even though you select left-handed, the onscreen Tiger is still shown as right-handed. Got a little worried but once I created my own player, it was correctly shown left-handed and things greatly improved. After a few holes I was making par and even a birdie. I also really enjoyed the Frisbee golf that's included. I'm not so great in real Frisbee so my throws were hooking but I got the hang of it.

The tennis game has been getting mixed reviews but I found this a huge improvement over the Wii Sports version. The graphics are very cartoonish but the gameplay seems to work well. Topspin and backspin are done just based on your swing. For some reason the drop and lob shot are done using the buttons. At least the lob shot I can see being based on the way you hold the racket. Not sure why the didn't make all shots based completely on swing using the motion plus. You can play like Wii Sports and have it do all the running for you or plug in the nunchuk and have full control. I played a lot without the nunchuk just to get used to the swing but it's definitely needed to feel like you're fully playing the game.

I have Wii Resort on reserve so I'll have a 2nd motion plus to play head-to-head tennis next month. I also can't wait for the new version of Wii Bowling. That was my favorite of the original sports. It got a little too easy though and even scored a perfect 300. This should hopefully make it more challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back