Is my Ultrasone Pro 900 Broken???
Oct 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TomodachiF

New Head-Fier
Hi

My Gear

Ipod Touch/Nano->Line Out->JDS Labs O2->Ultrasone Pro 900

Once i was listening and accidently turned the volume on the O2 to max. The headphones were on max for around 5sec. Afterwards when i listened i heard random (not constant) popping and crackling sounds. It's definitely not the music files as the popping sound appear randomly. The interconnects are fine. I'm not sure if the amp is causing the noise or my headphones are broken. The headphones sound fine on everything i throw at it, it's just there are random sounds every half a minute or so. I remember hearing if the drivers are broken there should be a constant noise.

Please help me determine if it's amp or the headphones that are broken. I still have warranty so i could service them.

Thanks Guy

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried plugging your Ultrasones to another source? or plugging different headphones to the amp? 

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 3
I have tried pro 900 straight out of iPod 3.5 and there was no problem. I have also tried iPod 3.5mm to O2 via 3.5 to 3.5 and it was fine. I'm beginning to think it might be my line out cable or the actually iPod dock itself.
My lineout cable is a Fiio L9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back